• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti seat height

K
Mar 15, 2023
Hope, BC
I started this post and ended up with a 129 freeride yeti. I had gone to the top hole (front arm) on my 16 yeti kit and did the same with the 2022. top hole and soft strut adjusted so on compression exhaust just about hits. track is off floor in rear about 3/8". works and handles great.
Hey, I’m new to yeti, just bought a brand new 19 129FR kit and set it up on my 21 KTM 450. I find it crazy high at 40” seat height! I changed the seat to standard height seat concepts. I came off a 17 YZ450FX with timbersled Aro3.

Would you mind sharing more details on how you got it your setup Down to 37”?? What do I need to do??

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Hey, I’m new to yeti, just bought a brand new 19 129FR kit and set it up on my 21 KTM 450. I find it crazy high at 40” seat height! I changed the seat to standard height seat concepts. I came off a 17 YZ450FX with timbersled Aro3.

Would you mind sharing more details on how you got it your setup Down to 37”?? What do I need to do??
I have a 2018 500 with a 16.5 120 yeti and a 2022 ktm 500 with a 22 yeti 129fr. On both, I took one link out of the stock yeti chain length and moved the kit forward as far as possible. I'm not certain that is necessary to lower the height but, I wanted the kit to be as far forward as possible. To lower the height I raised the front arm of the kit to the top hole. There are three holes in each side of the tunnel for the front suspension arm to attach. It comes in the middle hole. This raises the front of the suspension about 3/4" and lowers the seat at least that much. Both kits have adjustable strut rods. I adjusted the strut rod until I had about 1/2 clearance between the exhaust and tunnel on the right side where they have the least space/clearance. My 22 yeti has the compressable strut rod but I have never bottomed hard enough that the exhaust made contact with the tunnel. On the left side I believe I cut a small amount off the bottom of the air box so there was no contact there. The 16.5 kit has air shocks and the 22 has coil overs. adjusting air or spring tension raises or lowers the seat. I only weight 160 so my settings are on the light side. Yeah my seat heights are right at 37''. I have not noticed any negatives in handling, all positive changes for me. I could not and would not ride a snow bike with a 40'' seat height.

Premium Features