• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck Yeti or TS? Need advice

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Dooman92- I'm located near Whitefish Pt. Ride year round (bikes, rzr, sled) around here. Ever ride out this way?

All- I found a new '22 Riot S Premium for $5,600 otd. Put deposit down. Couldn't pass it up. Thanks for all the advice and help in finding the right kit. Picking up new bike next week too....let thy build begin!!!
That’s a great price!

Wheelie central.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
1'st snowbike? Why buy new? There is nothing new this year that ins't on last years kits. And you can still find hold over kits at dealers. As stated get a 120. Anything more is a waste. I love the CMX, but a Riot S is a good kit and a bit cheeper. You could prolly even get the base model. I see those for $4k a lot.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Dooman92- I'm located near Whitefish Pt. Ride year round (bikes, rzr, sled) around here. Ever ride out this way?

All- I found a new '22 Riot S Premium for $5,600 otd. Put deposit down. Couldn't pass it up. Thanks for all the advice and help in finding the right kit. Picking up new bike next week too....let thy build begin!!!
^^^^
1'st snowbike? Why buy new? There is nothing new this year that ins't on last years kits. And you can still find hold over kits at dealers. As stated get a 120. Anything more is a waste. I love the CMX, but a Riot S is a good kit and a bit cheeper. You could prolly even get the base model. I see those for $4k a lot.

J
Mar 2, 2022
Michigan
It is great to have the choices we have! Both kits/Brands are very good and have individual strong points. The Yeti really does not have a lower seat height. I have a few of each.. :)
Those are some gorgeous bikes ya have there! I've always rode KTM on dirt snd would love to get a new 450 sx-f for my snowbike. I just can't bring myself to pay an extra 3k over a Honda. I found a great deal on a Honda 450rs. $8400 otd. I'd grab a KTM if I could find one for $10,500 or less. But seems most are well over 11k otd.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Keep a look out for the GasGas bikes . There are a few more of those available and the MC450F is under 10K. Red KTM! The Honda will work good also (y)

Husky Riot 3.jpg

J
Mar 2, 2022
Michigan
Keep a look out for the GasGas bikes . There are a few more of those available and the MC450F is under 10K. Red KTM! The Honda will work good also (y)
Gas Gas have same motor as KTM 450sx-f? If so... I'll be checking them out! I just realized KTM bought them.

Are accessories readily available for Gas Gas? Thermostat, heated bars etc.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Gas Gas have same motor as KTM 450sx-f? If so... I'll be checking them out! I just realized KTM bought them.

Are accessories readily available for Gas Gas? Thermostat, heated bars etc.
Yes they are the same engine/frame/suspension. The pipe, tires, triple clamps and suspension valving are different. No map switch. Maybe a few other small differences. The KTM/Husky accessories fit and are available (y)

C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
I have the 21 gasgas EX450F and have not had a problem finding all the needed accessories for snowbike use. It rips hard. I haven't rode a ktm or husky so can't compare but I'm happy with it. Only gripe I have is it has a tad more vibration in the handle bars then I would like, looking into getting a different top triple clamp that rubber mount the handle bars instead of rigid mounted like stock. Compared to my brother's older yzf 450 his has hardly any vibration in the bars.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Your options are a kit that has had no R&D money spent since 2017 or a company who is copying that company

Now I love my yeti but my big complaint is I think the tunnel needs to be shortened because it gets hung up in the super deep and that causes drag… but I still go back to it ride after ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features