• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tollgate?

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Just got back on day one of a ride! Tired and but ready to go. We rode out by Balloon Tree and made aloop out there and it was just awesome, snow is setting up and by this weekend will make it even better. In the trees the snow was still soft and some spots too soft. Got stuck a few times as well followed some tracks (Jims & Jons) and was thinking that maybe that I shouldn't have, but I was committed and I made it thru except for the last 100 yards, got stopped by the tree limbs and there I sat, till Jim found me, even stopped digging to talk to Reddog on the phone, lol... Can't wit for tommorrow, heading back up again.
Powder Head with Karen bottom of hill after we got her unstuck.
DSC01215.jpg

Karen playing
DSC01218.jpg

S
Dec 11, 2008
So how are the Tollgate conditions. Keep hearing rumors the snow is too soft and people are sinking too far or breaking parts because they are hitting stumps, from being unable to stay on top of snow. We are looking to go next week as long as conditions are good enough.

Thanks in advance

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
just got back from a ride up there today..it was real soft off the trail in places, on top of the ridges was fairly solid. Trail towards Bone Springs was rough and needed groomed, but i expect that will be taken care of this week. It has settled a lot, compared to the 4'+ of fresh in the last couple rides. We got off the trail and medded around a fair amount and didnt run into anything, but it was easy to get stuck. Forecast says snow, snow, snow so hopefully we'll see some fresh up there and make it REALLY good riding...

himarker out

M
Nov 26, 2007
Athena OR
Snow was soft and sticky, rain-hail-snow and even a little wind. Not thebest day to ride. On top of that my clutch blew up and had to be towed back.:mad: But i settled down after I got home and had a few:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:D

W

wazzusummit

Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick, WA
Came home yesterday and it was raining like a SOB all day! didn't ruin the snow though so we are good. we are supposed to get snow all week so lets cross our fingers it doesn't warm up again. Ill be up there Tues-Sat. So if anyone wants to ride hit me up. Anyone else headed up for New Years?:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

W
Finally made it up there this morning. Good snow for riding but it wouldn't stop snowing. I take that back it did stop around 11:30ish and started to rain. We had fun but we got soaked the in process. When we took off around 12:30 and they had gotten another foot of snow.

polaris159

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Hey, HiMarker You should have went today. The black bullet ran just fine in stock trim. We road to Bone Springs and came back then installed the pipe and road it to Baldy with the pipe on. It seemed to run good. See you Saturday if it doesn't rain!

Premium Features