• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobiler dies in Buffalo Pass rollover

K
Nov 29, 2007
Colorado
http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2009/mar/06/snowmobiler_dies_rollover/

A 37-year-old Nebraska woman died of unknown injuries Friday afternoon after a snowmobile rollover accident on Buffalo Pass.

Jodi Beier, of Dakota City, Neb., was snowmobiling with family members in the Long Lake area, Routt County Coroner Rob Ryg said.

“She got separated from them, and they looked for her for about 15 minutes until they found her,” Ryg said. “She was underneath the snowmobile when they found her.”

Beier was snowmobiling with her husband, son and nephew, and the family was staying in Kremmling, Routt County Search and Rescue member Riley Polumbus said.

Members of her snowmobile party were administering CPR when they called for help shortly after 2 p.m., and they continued efforts to revive her until Search and Rescue crews arrived, Ryg said.

“She was basically gone when they got there,” Ryg said.

A rescue team of six reached the woman shortly after 3 p.m., Polumbus said. Rescuers used an automatic external defibrillator but got no response, Polumbus said.

Search and Rescue crews and Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies remained on scene until shortly after 6 p.m.

Because no one witnessed the accident, it’s not clear how or why it occurred, Ryg said. An autopsy will be performed to determine Beier’s cause of death.

— To reach Melinda Dudley, call 871-4203

or e-mail mdudley@steamboatpilot.com

I
Jan 30, 2008
Sad day

I was one of the party that was there trying to help and administer CPR. I went was one that went to Muddy to get cell contact and meet with the rescue teams. My hats off to the resuce teams and law enforcement. I wish we could have done more or been there sooner. Thank you to the guys that lead us to Muddy and gave us some fuel to get back up to the scene of the accident. All I can say is don't ride alone anytime no matter how close you are to your party.............

madmaxx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
NW Iowa
to everyone invloved with trying to safe Jodi - hats off to all. always know that you did everything you could with what you had available and in your power, remember who ultimately is in control............. sympathies to the family.

D
Dec 11, 2007
I was one of the party that was there trying to help and administer CPR. I went was one that went to Muddy to get cell contact and meet with the rescue teams. My hats off to the resuce teams and law enforcement. I wish we could have done more or been there sooner. Thank you to the guys that lead us to Muddy and gave us some fuel to get back up to the scene of the accident. All I can say is don't ride alone anytime no matter how close you are to your party.............

You are welcome. I like to think sledder’s are willing to help each other out, especially during a situation as tragic as this. My thoughts go out to the women’s family and friends.

Premium Features