• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOCROSS-DRAGS in Silverton, Co March 14-15

S
Oct 29, 2008
There will be Snocross saturday March 14th and Drags sunday March 15th in Silverton, Co on Molas pass. The track is already up and there is no shortage of snow. This should be a top notch event as the crew there is really amped to have the xmr racing seires visit that weekend. More details should follow in the next week.
So if you are a racer you should be there..... besides, no one else will have snow except for us in March.

www.xmrracing.com

S
Oct 29, 2008
The track is ready. The snow isn't january snow but we still got a bunch, infact it is snowing as we speak in the high country. Go to www.xmrracing.com for info. Also there will be drag races on sunday. As it gets warmer and warmer this could be one of the last events in colorado this season. The area offers awesome riding just feet from the track. So if you race or drag.....be there

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Can you provide some details on what classes are racing each day or point me to a site with some details? Good to see some more drag racing in the state. Hope all goes well for you guys.

S
Oct 29, 2008
For those looking for info on the snocross go to www.xmrracing.com. For the drags contact Jim @ red mountain cabins at 970-387-5512. There was about 10 inches of really wet snow the other day. The track will be grooming the next two days and the drag course is set on the lake. Its pretty simple though, don't be that boner that said he would of won the race if he just would of went or the panty waste who thinks his sled is the quicker than a juarez hooker on her way to her knees but for some reason couldn't make it on sunday to the drags. Horse Sh*t is what I say. There is hardly any riding left this season so its time to man up, no more talk, no more excuses.... Come race, or you could sit at home and change your tampon or manpom in this case. Thanks and good luck to all. This should be one awesome event. And for those who take offense to the above comments they are probablly directed at you... " Mr. I could do that" while watching the x games. See ya there!!!!!!!

#448 Aaron Axline

K
Nov 29, 2007
Colorado
Silverton.gif

S
Oct 29, 2008
I spent 7 or so hours in the cat today with Randy Lokey. For those of you who don't know, He is the man responsible for building our track. It is turning out awesome. Room for three to four wide in spots with multiple passing oppertunities so the racing wont be so one lined. There are rhythm sections with doubles, a step up followed by a step down, a 80 foot table top followed by a high speed double and then a "must commit" finish line double. The berms are the tallest I've seen at our track, 7 to 8 feet high and very smooth. We will be at the track again tomorrow starting at 9am to fine tune things. I really encourage anyone dying for one more event before the sleds give way to dirt scoots be there.

W

wweverett

Dec 3, 2007
SW colorado
Well the races were awesome, there were kids there that probably ride better that 80% of the posers on this site. I was so impressed that my son is going to start racing in the 4-7 age group next year and if I can get a race sled in time I will also race. I wanted to race with my sled but only 600 cc and smaller. I did however run the course after it was over and what a thrill. See all next year.

By the way congratulations to snoman1174, He ran against some national competitors and placed 5th overall way to go.

F
Oct 3, 2008
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Drags were great....just a positive to add to my a-hole comment earlier...went very quick and there was quite a few surprises out of the boys......cheers:beer;

great to see a few youngens ripping it up as well!

rodfarm

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hey Dusty

I thought I had the cool sled part wrapped up. I will let you know about yours, I have a few things to try and decide on.

Thanks

Premium Features