• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silverton Snocross and drags

S
Oct 29, 2008
The event will be held march 3rd and 4th this year. Molas pass, just south of silverton. I feel we have the best track besides x games in the state. Open invitation to all! Would love to see more of you guys from up north come down that weekend. There is snocross all day sat and then again on sun morn. Drags are held Sunday after the snocross finishes up. As always the racing is great, the riding on the pass is diverse...everything from family trail runs to thick technical trees and of course there is some climbing around there. The party is awesome as well. Would reserve lodging in silverton soon as that is a very very busy weekend. See ya there suckas.

S
Oct 29, 2008
Rite on man expect to see me there for sure!! IDK if i'll race but i'm going to have all my toys with me!!:face-icon-small-ton

Can't wait bro. We should get cabins reserved soon. You should at least run the drags. Colt, myself and few others we know will be running. Thought about just running the main on Saturday snocross. Just hate all the sitting. Anyway will be awesome weekend

S
Oct 29, 2008
So the race is this coming weekend. The track was completed this past weekend. I gotta say Randy Lokey has made another killer track. I did not get a chance to make any of the other tracks on the xmr series this season but this track has got to be tops again. The oval for the vintage race is complete as well. Drag strip is in place as well! This is like superbowl weekend for those of us in this area. We have been getting pounded with snow. Riding should be excellent on molas this weekend. Snocross registration is Friday @ brown bear or early early Saturday, but Teresa will be busy so pre register if possible. Racing will start early Saturday and go all day. Don't miss this weekend! Sunday are the drags. I hope all the fastest sleds in CO come Sunday. I want to see some turbo vs turbo ego on the line racing. So colt, George, kestrel, Boston racing, skibreeze, tudizzle, James, Jake, boogie, Lloyd, that guy in montrose with the triple, dustin Wilkinson , marsh (if you are home) , Kreg in 505, tom and Jason gurr, rory teller, brice rogers (and the rest of those cortez riders except Travis willbanks who still owes me a drum of race gas) and of course how could I forget those Damn felker sleds that always haul a$$. Yep, I want to see you all there. A lot of fast sleds in CO so this could turn out really fun. See ya there!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
LMAO Snoman! you should all check the youtube video and make sure you read the comments !

Hope you didnt get any in your helemt!

S
Oct 29, 2008
The weather forecast for sat is 33 and sunny. For Sunday its 40 and sunny. This is the first weekend in 5 years I can remember a nice weather weekend. Show up.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Can you register for the drags on Sunday ,Online ? there is to much new pow I NEED to ride it . I might not make the races on sat.

S
Oct 29, 2008
Can you register for the drags on Sunday ,Online ? there is to much new pow I NEED to ride it . I might not make the races on sat.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to register Sunday morning but try to be there early. Molas is covered and untouched. Nearly 3 foot fresh up there. The riding this weekend should be incredible.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
yeah its going to be sick everywhere ! Woo Hoo! looks like about 40" new or more by the weekend. the open country up top will be awsome, the steeps will be dangerous. there is supposed to be lots of wind to load things up.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Our crew will be down south, but we'll be there for the deepest pow and the untracked pow. You guys have fun with the races.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Dave I will be that direction somewhere at least for saturday.This looks like the weekend Ive been waiting for ! deepness and sunshine !

S
Oct 7, 2008
Durango, Co
I'm comming! Glad I looked at the Colorado section its been a while. Have to work Sat but ill be there sun morning. I have eyes on a really big cliff hit that I didnt want to do alone so we need to do that.

Joel

S
Oct 29, 2008
I'm comming! Glad I looked at the Colorado section its been a while. Have to work Sat but ill be there sun morning. I have eyes on a really big cliff hit that I didnt want to do alone so we need to do that.

Joel

Really big cliff on molas? I would like to check that out. I feel like every drop worthy cliff up there has been done at some point in the last 5 years. Def down to go check that out. I'm heading up the pass in about an hour so I will get some kinda report for everyone.

S
Oct 29, 2008
Joel I didn't realise that was you. I'm def in. The big point drop hasn't been done in 2-3 years. It would be movie cover quality. Probably the most terrifying thing I've done there. I can't ride ride, but i can film!

Premium Features