• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yakima Ski-Benders MTG 1-3-17, Scavenger Hunt 1-7-17

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Hello to all my fellow Ski-Benders and friends! I hope that all of you had a safe and enjoyable Christmas holiday spent in the company of your friends and loved ones!

With the buzz of the holidays and the fresh snow on top of that, it's safe to say it's been a busy month. We've recently had another good turnout at the Crab Feed back on the 10th of December and we'll have a full wrap-up report on that at our next meeting at Bob's Burgers & Brew on Tuesday January 3rd with dinner at 6pm and the mtg to follow at 7pm as usual.

Coming up fast on the agenda is the FIRST EVER Scavenger Hunt Scheduled for Saturday January 7th. We've had a good show of volunteer help so far and I'll be looking for more. Once again for those who are interested in either helping or attending, We'll be looking for help in setting out Prize Plates in the trees, as well as in the concession trailer and with Raffle prizes. I'll be attaching the full length description of the event to the email for you to read and get a good idea of what will be going on. Any help you are willing to offer on this BRAND NEW event is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping this will be a great way to promote the club and some of the fun things that we do and maybe gain a few new members in the process! Please consider volunteering and lets make this ride something to look forward to in the future!

Also on the radar is the annual and famous Chinook Pass Snowfest poker ride scheduled for the final weekend of January (28th setup and 29th official ride). We'll also be looking for volunteers to work the various positions; concessions, card stations on the hill, etc. This has always proven to be a great family fun ride with food and prizes and something many members of the sledding community have come to enjoy, lets make sure we have some fun ourselves and sign up to help.

That's all for now. January is going to be a busy month for the club, so I hope you can all make it to the meeting at Bob's Burgers & Brew on Tuesday January 3rd to catch up with friends and help make a difference for the club and for the sledding community!

I'll see you there!

*****Please also note that due to a scheduling conflict, the Little Sledders Ride has been moved up 1 week to March 4th 2017.*****

Seth Ahlbrecht

President

Yakima Ski-Benders

Premium Features