• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo 2023 REVEAL

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Only rider forward and shot are first place for them.
Engine reverse was really 2003 for both doo and poo.
Some 2002 had it as an option.

Cat had a "900" 15yrs earlier, poo had an 850/900 in 2005. Ski-doo is the last to have something between 800 and 900cc.

Cat, poo and doo all have turbo 2 strokes.
Doo brought it to the public first.
Poo didn't copy them after it was Introduced to the public, neither did cat.
They all have patent applications to prove that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

...I beleive the 900's were 862 cc? 866?

...and we ALL know what happened to the Poo 900! Cat's was pretty strong... I wonder why they quit making them.

Doo came out with RER, and then gave it to Poo as a settlement to some patent infringements over suspension.

Ace

T
Aug 8, 2011
Anyone who doesn’t think Doo is the driving force in development of the snowmobile world right now is dilusional…from 2003 they have set the course and the pace…others have had to follow as best they can

S
Dec 6, 2021
Sturgis
Anyone who doesn’t think Doo is the driving force in development of the snowmobile world right now is dilusional…from 2003 they have set the course and the pace…others have had to follow as best they can
I think most the poo riders agree but just don’t want to admit it I remember when doo came out with the 174 the poo guy were saying oh it’s just a bandaid fix the the next year when poo came out with it it’s the greatest thing since beer Then the 850 came along they all said the same thing and then the 2 stroke turbo came out and totally changed the snowmobile world from factory sleds.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
No one manufacturer by themselves is the driving force for development.... it's the competition between manufacturers that is the driving force. If you think Doo is doing everything and everyone else is just copying, YOU are delusional.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
No one manufacturer by themselves is the driving force for development.... it's the competition between manufacturers that is the driving force. If you think Doo is doing everything and everyone else is just copying, YOU are delusional.

Doo had the first 850, pyramid frame, 174, 3”. 16w track, rave valves, turbo, shot start.
Finest fit and finish, the list goes on.
I would say doo is ahead of everyone else. They are playing catch-up.

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
Bombardier.......as a company I'd say they are pretty advanced. They started with sleds but over the years they've expanded into the aviation, rail, and public transit . Heck they make corporate jets !! No argument that they are leading edge on technology.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Doo had the first 850, pyramid frame, 174, 3”. 16w track, rave valves, turbo, shot start.
Finest fit and finish, the list goes on.
I would say doo is ahead of everyone else. They are playing catch-up.
Finest fit and finish?
U need a screwdriver to remove the airfilter to check and add coolant.
That is not leading technology!

Doo was almost 2 decades behind Polaris and cat with fuel injection! Almost 20yrs! Who came out with sliderail suspension first? Who came out with a-arm front suspension? Who was first with short tunnels on mountain sleds? Who is last with up front short coolers?

They are all first at something, and the others follow. I am glad they do. It makes them all better.

Doo is not the best sled out there for everyone. If it's the best for you, great, I'm glad u like and prefer them.

I own 3 of the 4 brands, I like them all. They each have strengths and weaknesses.

That 2023 is heading in the right direction for me. Not quite there but very close.

T
Aug 8, 2011

Please explain your position. There has been very very little competition for the Doo sleds out in the real world.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Please explain your position. There has been very very little competition for the Doo sleds out in the real world.

Are u trolling or serious?

For back country, deep off trail riding in tight trees and steep sidehills.
Doo is in very last place for performance/handling.

Worst engine cooling for a mountain sled.
Most ice build up in the suspension and tunnel.
Worst belt life for aggressive riders.

They do excel in flat ground tight tree trail twisties, as the laydown steering is better for trail riding. The suspension is pretty good on the trail also.

If u are actually trying to make an honest statement, then u haven't spent any significant time on the other chassis and rooting solely on a 100% biased opinion on what u ride. Trying to validate ur purchase.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Come on man, take off the yellow goggles. Doo is definitely the leader in certain regards. They have been in first place in engine technology for about 10 years now. I'll give credit where it is due.

However...They have also spent 15 years chasing either Cat or Poo or both when it comes to chassis. Ever since they left the original Rev chassis in 2008, there hasn't been a single year where they are even in the conversation for best chassis among riders of the Burandt/Kesterke/Boondockers genre, which, by the way is absolutely the most popular genre of western riding in 2022. The XP was absolute garbage while the M was great. And the very second the M stopped being the unquestionably best chassis on the market, Poo took over with the Pro chassis as the best chassis for this style of rider. All while doo has now spent almost 15 years trying to put continual bandaids on that original XP in a quest to make it feel more like an M, then Pro, then AXYS, now Matryx. And honestly, they've done pretty well. G4 felt way better than the old XP, but to not admit that they are chasing - not leading - in this category is just incredible willful ignorance.

Doo had the first 174. Cool. Very few riders that are actually really good riders are out there on a 174. Being the first to an empty party doesn't make you a visionary trendsetter.
Doo had the first 16" wide track. Cool. Not interested. That's literally where a lot of their chassis problems stem from.
Doo was the first with a flexi back suspension. Cool. Then the really good Doo riders figured out it rode better locked out.

I'm not saying Doo sucks. But for you guys who think their tirds don't stink...well...I could probably talk until I'm blue in the face and it won't help you see the truth.

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
Other then best technical riding chassis, Ski-doo has kicked everyones butt for years in literally every other aspect. Go troll elsewhere lol

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
All sleds got plus and minuses. I ride with Polaris and cat and there hasn't been one place those sleds go that I can't take my Doo. It all comes down to how good of a rider you are and a lot of that is rider confidence and comfortability on what ever sled they choose to ride. If you jump on something new the flaws of that sled will be obvious cause your not confident on it. Does that mean it's not a good sled no. So the sooner people realize this the less of a pissing contest I'll have to listen to.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Can someone please post a link on the features and "how to use" on the g5 small gauge? Haven't had a new sled since 2009 so new to all the new features, and I've been looking for this link for days with no luck....everything is about the 10.25" gauge. TIA

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Can someone please post a link on the features and "how to use" on the g5 small gauge? Haven't had a new sled since 2009 so new to all the new features, and I've been looking for this link for days with no luck....everything is about the 10.25" gauge. TIA
Pages 135-140 in the 2023 owner’s manual has a pretty good section on using the 4.5 gauge.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Pages 135-140 in the 2023 owner’s manual has a pretty good section on using the 4.5 gauge.
Dont have sled yet. Downloaded pdf. Was wondering what gauge comes with the g5 expert if its not the 10.25. Heard it was last years 7.8 or is it the 4.5? Operators manual only shows new gauge or 4.5 so I guess answered my own question :unsure::LOL:

Last edited:
Premium Features