• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons ski for Dragons?

R
Dec 4, 2007
Brooklyn Park, MN
Will the Simmons ski for an edge work on a Dragon? Are there adaptors.
My edge sled is up north and I just picked up a 2008 rmk Dragon. Thanks in advance for any input.

Roadbuilder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Simmons fit

I tried it they wont fit, I'm going to try and get the proper bracket for the IQ.

If the bracket isn't quite abit taller the front of the sled is going to sit lower.

The grippers are quite tall.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
leave the grippers on..they are good ski's....might put longer carbides on but thats all they need....

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
For me the grippers worked fine in powder but on the harder stuff when blazing down a trail and try turning they would not do so well. When I almost went straight into a tree I decided to go to the Simmons. Had them on my other sleds and liked them as well.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I put simmons on my 06 900, the sidehillers are junk. Stock skis on 07+ are good though.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Sure the stock ski's are ok but to answer your question yes they will work you just have to grind some of the rubber off the back to make them fit or else order the IQ saddles we ride with all kinds of set ups and the Simmons are by far our favorite in all snow plus all the yik yak about side hilling being poor is just that yik yak, I ride the gen 2's and love em .

B
Dec 21, 2007
Simmons

I took my Gen 2 off my edge and put them on my Dragon. They were a real pain. I did not know there were different saddles they went on but not easily. Also I did notice the sled sits lower and pushed more snow. Are there different saddles I should put on for a Dragon.

Roadbuilder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Anyone have a picture of the Simmons bracket mounted on the IQ chassis ?

I was thinking of building a spacer out of "lexan" so the spindle bolt would be at the same elevation from the floor as the Gripper Ski. Light weight and strong.

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I contacted Simmons about putting my Simmons skis on the Dragon. They told me it would require a different "saddle" brkt. I think she said about $40 for the pair. So far, I'm happy with the stock skis. We don't do much trail riding though. Usually in mountains of Wyoming. My 2 cents.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Interesting

I have a 2007 DRAGON 700 121"
Love the sled has the stock skis with STUD BOY SHAPERS 9 1/2" carbide, 96 studs out back.

I also have a set of Simmons off my old 2002 EDGE-X that worked GREAT on that sled. I had always heard that the Simmons don't work on the IQ but I'd be open to it, was going to try it on mine just didn't get around to it yet.

I 'd like to hear some feedback on from the guys that actually tried it.

Premium Features