• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Screwed by at Action RV and Snowmobile in Jackson

M
Feb 16, 2009
Snowest Community-

UPDATE- 02/14/2012- Shaun gave me my $ back and then some for dealing with the long delay and no warranty. It took longer than I would have liked, but Shaun and Action did do in the end what he said they would do- Thanks Shaun.

First post below:

I bought a used 2011 over the phone from Shaun at Action in Jackson, WY back in October. The transaction went OK- I wired the funds (including a $550 1 year Polaris Extended Warranty) and had a shipper pick up the sled. Shaun, who is apparently the owner, stated at that time that he would process all the paperwork and get the warranty going.

I have been calling Shaun repeatedly over the last 2 months and checking with my local dealer, but the extended warranty is still not showing up with the VIN and I have received no paperwork. I have gotten increasingly frustrated with the lack of response and action from "Action" RV and Snowmobile.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, as I am sitting back in Mpls, MN with no snow and no warranty.

Midnite Footer

Last edited:

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I had a problem with RSI and went on every forum I could post on and eventually I got me money back, so keep up the good fight! I hate being ripped off!

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
I know Shaun pretty well. He is usually a pretty good guy. Strange this is happening. I do know there has been some issues there with some of the staff leaving including Alan, who was the mechanic there for years. Keep calling, he is there everyday during the week.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Can't your local dealer just use your paperwork to process the extended warranty? I don't know the details, but any authorized dealer should be able to get it set up.

Look at the positive side. No snow = no riding = no need to have the ext. warranty active. Not riding sucks, but not having the warranty processed means you will have that much longer of coverage once you do get to ride. Can't say anything about Action in Jackson, but hopefully things work out for you.

3C Guiding

Dec 9, 2010
Laramie Wy.
Some warranty don’t go through the brand they are a 3ed party and will not show up on you dealers computer. action will not take your money and run with it. keep calling and you will get through to him.

M
Feb 16, 2009
Update

Thanks all for viewing and responding- I did get a hold of Shaun today and he said that he was working through it with Polaris and would give me a longer extended warranty for the trouble.

He also said that he did not appreciate someone posting on Snowest, and I let him know that it was definitely me. Obviously it seems to have generated the necessary response that I could not get previously.

As I told Shaun- I will happily revise the post once I have the paperwork in hand.

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
The trick that some dealers play is to not regester your sled with the manufacturer with the hope that the manufacturer will offer a better rebate At a later date and then they can regester your sled/atv whatever and keep the rebate!

Not saying that's what's going on at Action, but it happens more than you think!

The other thing you can do is buy local, I know it is not always possible but it is always better to walk in put your money down,get the paper work, walk out with the sled. You can always have your deal do a dealer to dealer transfer.

Just an FYI.

Good luck

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
HAHA didnt appreciate someone posting on the forums. Well then maybe he should have had is act together to start with and it wouldnt have came to this. Simple phone call can solve ALOT of problems.

M
Feb 16, 2009
It gets better...

So I got a call back from Polaris today and they are telling me that the sled was never registered in my name once it was sold, so I can't even get a warranty if I want to pay for it again.

Apparently the dealer is supposed to go in and register the VIN with the new owner's info once they sell it, and this sled is still listed under the old owner. Great.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I had the same problem with a dealer last year. I have a record of 5 attempts weeks apart that he stated "its done" only to check at another dealer and find its not there. I do not KNOW this raquet but it surely can not be a coincidence. I will say after being the loud squeeky wheel it did get done.

N
Oct 10, 2010
Jackson Wy
I bought a used 2011 from a very reputable dealer and it took me a while to get my name in the Polaris system, not sure what that was all about... It was a snowchecked machine and had the 4 yr warranty so glad to have it resolved.

Premium Features