• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rkt head garbage?

C
Jan 22, 2013
Well emailed rkt about getting new domes for my head and they said they no longer make my form of some. My question is did I buy a piece of scrap metal, or can my domes be fixed. Or does anyone have pump gas domes for a 900 rkt head.
5022CF05-5209-4DCA-AF9B-BFEBCF574823-1455-0000018A6F18CB0A.jpg

C
Jan 22, 2013
I'm at basically sea level I didn't see any markings on the domes to tell what compression they were. A replating shop near me advertises head repair. Is this an option for me?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm at basically sea level I didn't see any markings on the domes to tell what compression they were. A replating shop near me advertises head repair. Is this an option for me?

usually it's etched into the top of the dome, in the part that's normally seated into the head. I've never seen a set without it.

I'd assume that these were made on a machine he doesn't have anymore or something... otherwise there would be no reason not to sell a set for a quick $200.

As far as repair, anything you'd do would be taking material off, effectively changing the compression, so you'd of course want to do the other side at the same time. This might turn 91 domes into 87 domes??? NO idea, but it would change them for sure. The head repair place might have a better idea on this... maybe they could cut the whole setup a tad to make up for it, but then you change the squish. I'm not good with head design & it's effects on how they run.

C
Jan 22, 2013
If you can find a number on them let me know. I have a few in stock and may have the right one.

I would be interested in a complete set if you have one. The guy I bought it from said the previous owner was running pump gas, but he was located in Idaho and no idea what elevation he was at.

C
Jan 22, 2013
Rkt just emailed me back the heads are 14.8:1 8500ft+ pump gas heads. So they are no good to me, unless they can be machined down to 13:1. If anyone has a set of 13:1's let me know ill trade these off or sell them if anyone is interested.

Premium Features