• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rk tech 1000 m

D
Jan 17, 2009
GF, MT
does any one have the rk tech porting and heads what pipe and can do you use do you need a boondoker box? how much power does it make? how is it to clutch and how is belt life?

A
Mar 1, 2009
Alaska
I have a 07 M1000 with the RK Tek porting, heads, and clutch kit. I run speedwerx exhaust, and a boondocker with the BDX airbox and Koso digital EGT's.

I'm not sure what HP I am making, I have never dynoed it but I belive Kelsay said the corrected horsepower should be around 215. Not sure mine makes that but maybe I am just used to running modded T-Cats for so long.
I don't think with my elevation here in Alaska that I would need the boondocker but they say anything over 6000 feet you do.

johndeerejunky

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
ND
just bought an 09 with rkt head porting, secondary, speedwerx pipe, y pipe and can, still messing with it though

B
Dec 21, 2006
I have a 07 M1000 with the RK Tek porting, heads, and clutch kit. I run speedwerx exhaust, and a boondocker with the BDX airbox and Koso digital EGT's.

I'm not sure what HP I am making, I have never dynoed it but I belive Kelsay said the corrected horsepower should be around 215. Not sure mine makes that but maybe I am just used to running modded T-Cats for so long.
I don't think with my elevation here in Alaska that I would need the boondocker but they say anything over 6000 feet you do.

Unless you are using the BD box to pull fuel at the higher elevation, you should need it at the lower elevation

Premium Features