• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problems with 1998 700 RMK

H
Jan 19, 2008
New Meadows ID
My Machine has 175-178 jets and 45 pilots. It has been bored, ported,shaved,UnionBay head,Boost bottle, Gutted factory airbox, been clutched, Twin SLP Pipes and can. It runs like a raped ape on the high end guys. I can hang in there with the newer 800's (like an 04) It also won't fall more than 1 sled length behind an m1000

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Yea, those are sort of important details. I sent the power paks to you today... you'll get them tomorrow probably. Still probably not enough details for us to help you much more than we have.

One other thing though, have you plugged the hole in the back of your airbox? If not, do so, it will run more consistant.

sled_guy

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
Where can I get power packs

I have the same problem in a 98,700 that I have but as soon as i get the r's up a little she really takes off, does slp or wps have these or where would you guys suggest??pretty well stock sled.

B
Dec 4, 2007
Meridian, ID
What altitude you running at? What RPM range is the bog in? If it's right off idle look at changing the pilots if it's from 5k to 7k RPM look into changing needle position. By what you said to begin with I would say you have a lean spot not a rich spot. I am running 45 pilots and 175 mains at 6K to 8K feet with the needle in the third notch with only pipes and head and it runs great all the way through the powerband. When you have a rich spot the engine will load up and usually lose RPM's until you clear the fuel out and when you have a lean spot the RPM's will stay flat until you get more fuel (WOT). You may have to change the needle, Kehin carbs are touchy and the taper of the needle is important.

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
I forgot about this thread.. I found the cause of my low end bog.. it wasn't a bog.. the front motor mount were shot so the motor was moving rearward and messing up the clutch alignment/engagement....

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Old post, but what the heck.

Someone noted the different cylinders.

First run of cylinders ended with 220.

Revised (safer port work) ended with 824

Premium Features