• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Catalyst 858 Turbo Kits in Progress?

B
Dec 12, 2014
Anyone have any ideas on who's making a turbo kit for the 858? I know ibexx has a kit for the 600 catalyst what are thoughts on that particular setup? Had both silber and boondocker turbos for the ctec800 over the last few years and all had some maping and tuning issues on the low end. Top end was great but always had a bog or hesitation when on/off throttle in the trees. Have heard good things about Force Turbos on the ctec800.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Anyone have any ideas on who's making a turbo kit for the 858? I know ibexx has a kit for the 600 catalyst what are thoughts on that particular setup? Had both silber and boondocker turbos for the ctec800 over the last few years and all had some maping and tuning issues on the low end. Top end was great but always had a bog or hesitation when on/off throttle in the trees. Have heard good things about Force Turbos on the ctec800.
That is why i didn't pick my Silber, that i snowchecked, up. I kept hearing low end bog and i would rather run stock than have a bog. His polaris and doo stuff ran awesome. Maverick walker is running a kit that sounded great. Said it was $7500. Solid turbos is what it is. They were for the 600 but they will have them for an 858.

B
Dec 12, 2014
That would be awesome. Hoping these aftermarket companies have access to 858’s from cat this winter/spring assuming AC has sleds for them to get on the snow testing at elevation to get them dialed in. I’ve heard of solid turbos before. Solid is separate from Ibexx right? Price is looking on the steeper end for an 858 just to get a turbo on. What is 2025 factory turbo price for skidoo expert and polaris khaos on a 165? Saw some guys mountain cat snowchecks with g8 gauge were at least 19,500-20,500+depending on dealer. Sound right that one could assume it will be a 26-27k sled assuming a turbo will be around 7500+?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Saw three vids on youtube where the 600 didn't make the whole day. The only video it made the day was their own vid with a noob who couldn't ride
Not a slam post but the marketing seems real bad. There's always hype cause we all want the cat to do boost things like the other brands but I haven't seen it succeed

B
Dec 12, 2014
Saw three vids on youtube where the 600 didn't make the whole day. The only video it made the day was their own vid with a noob who couldn't ride
Not a slam post but the marketing seems real bad. There's always hype cause we all want the cat to do boost things like the other brands but I haven't seen it succeed
It is a little frustrating that's for sure. I am the only cat rider in my group. Granted we are from the midwest and dont get more than 20-30 days on the snow a year so we are by no means advanced riders, weekend warriors at best. Its not like we are putting thousands of miles on a year. But so far, the polaris boosts and gen5's flat rip from low end to top end pull. I have a supercharger on my current alpha 165 and the only thing that did more of is burn almost twice the fuel as the factory turbos especially on the deep days. We only ride 2-3 miles of trail each way to get to riding zones. If the supercharger would be outpulling and out running the factory turbos it may be worth the extra fuel but that was not the case. The supercharger fixed the low end lag thats fore sure. Dont get me wrong that supercharger is so fun to ride in the trees. Had some snow bog issues with it on really deep days. The ascender intakes are terrible and pack and hold snow. The sled would bog real bad especially since the charger requires a lot more air than a factory sled. I really hope the newly designed intake on the catalyst is better, let alone able to handle more air on a boosted application. Had a few guys in the group order 2025 165' Expert Turbos with the big screen for around 21,800. Said their possibly could be an additional 500$ rebate come pickup time in fall.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
It is a little frustrating that's for sure. I am the only cat rider in my group. Granted we are from the midwest and dont get more than 20-30 days on the snow a year so we are by no means advanced riders, weekend warriors at best. Its not like we are putting thousands of miles on a year. But so far, the polaris boosts and gen5's flat rip from low end to top end pull. I have a supercharger on my current alpha 165 and the only thing that did more of is burn almost twice the fuel as the factory turbos especially on the deep days. We only ride 2-3 miles of trail each way to get to riding zones. If the supercharger would be outpulling and out running the factory turbos it may be worth the extra fuel but that was not the case. The supercharger fixed the low end lag thats fore sure. Dont get me wrong that supercharger is so fun to ride in the trees. Had some snow bog issues with it on really deep days. The ascender intakes are terrible and pack and hold snow. The sled would bog real bad especially since the charger requires a lot more air than a factory sled. I really hope the newly designed intake on the catalyst is better, let alone able to handle more air on a boosted application. Had a few guys in the group order 2025 165' Expert Turbos with the big screen for around 21,800. Said their possibly could be an additional 500$ rebate come pickup time in fall.
I live out west and you get more days on the snow than I do anymore by a long shot! I'm jealous!

The low-mid pull on my supercharger for hopping creeks and logs is what I love most about it. I feel like I still have the edge there.

P
Dec 15, 2018
IF the new sled dies well (?) the development will continue. The insiders have all ready leaked a twin rail and a turbo. Iam kinda surprised by the length of time they take to release new stuff. I mean they report that this and that has been in the r&d for 5-6 years? So there has to be turbo stuff around somewhere don’t you think? Someone should do a black opp on the test facility all ninja and report back

Jerry2star

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 25, 2021

Looks like they were fairly far into development with their turbo.
Screenshot_20240316_100754_Chrome.jpg

And had a few layouts, some with the turbo off the y-pipe, watercooled, and more traditional setups.
Screenshot_20240316_100822_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240316_101026_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240316_101009_Chrome.jpg
I would have to believe they designed the Catalyst with room under the hood to incorporate some of their testing and patents.

B
Dec 12, 2014
I live out west and you get more days on the snow than I do anymore by a long shot! I'm jealous!

The low-mid pull on my supercharger for hopping creeks and logs is what I love most about it. I feel like I still have the edge there.
I should say we are lucky to get 20-30 on a really good year for us. Usually try and get 15 days for sure depending on seasonal snow conditions. Usually shoot for 5-6 trips out with the plan to try and get 3 good days on the snow each trip. Definitely find out quickly that I'm not in as good of shape as I think I am before the season haha! Fortunate enough to have a couple slow months with work in the winter. The downer is lots and lots of driving but worth it! Thats the sucky part of it living 600+ miles away one direction. I really like the supercharger it is such a fun sled have no complaints with speedwerx tune. The sled rips but It seemed to really starve for air to the point it would about die in anything deeper especially doing downhill turns or donuts. Poo and Doo would bog if you'd turn exhaust side but it wouldn't bog for more than a sec and then would come out of it and never got them to bog in any other situation. Im sure requiring more air of supercharger + snow restricting that air is what was giving me trouble in the deep it was a little annoying. However, its not every day we get to ride in headlight/handlebar deep snow either!

Premium Features