• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris P85 Drive Clutch

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 26, 2007
wilmont mn
question on belt deflection I always try to keep it in that 3/4 inch range but
by the end of a days ride it always seems tighter and starts to do the creep and squeel thing. all the motor mount seem tight what could be causing this. by the way my sled is a 00 700 rmk

Last edited:
R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
question on belt deflection I always try to keep it in that 3/4 inch range but
by the end of a days ride it always seems tighter and starts to do the creep and squeel thing. all the motor mount seem tight what could be causing this. by the way my sled is a 00 700 rmk
As the belt warms up it may get a little softer, stickier? If clutch alignment if off it couold let the belt hang on one side of the primary. If you can see that the belt is in the middle of the drive clutch just back off on deflection a little. If it's tight enough to squeal, it's going to build some clutch heat.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
ron or indy dan, what info can you give on a team secondary, they are new to me, so what kind of maint. do we need on those. we have a rmk 600 that the secondary will stick sometimes when the sled is put in reverse, making for a rolling start.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
You really need to take it apart and examine the internals. There is some info toward the end of my clutch post about the Team driven. They need cleaned maybe once a year, the helix could be binding, rollers bad, spring weak, bushings, etc. First I'd take out the helix and see if any issue is apparent.

Premium Features