• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris making our 154hp 800HO 145hp?!?

T
Mar 3, 2008
burnsville mn
I got so tired of dealing with this crap last season. It's not just a midrange thing, I watched my wideband go lean at WFO and it was very repeatable once I figured out the parameters. FYI, I had a controller on it.

i figured you were gonna show up here sooner or later, haha
yes but that was related to the fuel pick up/filter not being able to supply fuel, not the ecu/fuel map (which is the midrange problem) correct? a whole different issue

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
i figured you were gonna show up here sooner or later, haha
yes but that was related to the fuel pick up/filter not being able to supply fuel, not the ecu/fuel map (which is the midrange problem) correct? a whole different issue

Not a pickup issue, the fuel filter had enough restriction that when at 1/2 tank or less and long climbs at continuous WOT, it would start to lean out. It took a wideband and tons of riding to finally figure it out. When I cut open the filter, there was nothing visable, but there was quite a difference when blowing thru the filters. EDIT I also had a few rides with a fuel pressure guage rigged so I could watch it while riding, it never wavered from 58lbs.

It was a whole different issue, but when you are fighting multiple causes of burndowns, it took all farking season. New voltage regulator, new ECU, new block, new pistons, new block, new pistons, new pistons, new head, new EV springs, new fuel pump assy, new pistons, renicked block, damaged EV's, new fuel filter, and now waiting for another new fix. Thankfully I had an awesome dealer or I would have actually killed somebody by shoving my sled up their azz. Polaris is going to do another "fix" and they will still have these things burning down because they haven't addressed ALL the issues. Rant over, for now.

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I know what you're saying, but I could have gotten a 700 with 140hp, spent at least $1,000 less on the sled, and been riding earlier. The passive attitude at Polaris is really starting to light me up...

Then you could have boosted it and been riding one badazz sled. I have a buddy that did it and was outrunning yammies and 800s (both boosted). PLUS, his sled is still using the original motor which a lot of 800 owners can say. I'm impressed with his sled, to say the least.:beer;:beer;

T
Mar 3, 2008
burnsville mn
Not a pickup issue, the fuel filter had enough restriction that when at 1/2 tank or less and long climbs at continuous WOT, it would start to lean out. It took a wideband and tons of riding to finally figure it out. When I cut open the filter, there was nothing visable, but there was quite a difference when blowing thru the filters. EDIT I also had a few rides with a fuel pressure guage rigged so I could watch it while riding, it never wavered from 58lbs.

It was a whole different issue, but when you are fighting multiple causes of burndowns, it took all farking season. New voltage regulator, new ECU, new block, new pistons, new block, new pistons, new pistons, new head, new EV springs, new fuel pump assy, new pistons, renicked block, damaged EV's, new fuel filter, and now waiting for another new fix. Thankfully I had an awesome dealer or I would have actually killed somebody by shoving my sled up their azz. Polaris is going to do another "fix" and they will still have these things burning down because they haven't addressed ALL the issues. Rant over, for now.

I absolutely agree with all you said and have followed your plight and feel for ya. I was just saying that the fuel controller will fix the midrange problem to at least eliminate that issue, then move on down the list. the point of my first post is i don't trust this new fix, i know the existing issues and can fix those, just give me new pistons. Why wait for someone else to fix things i can easily do even though i shouldn't have to. when these sleds are right get out of the way.

wow. deja vu

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Really? Wow.

I trusted them on the XLT.
I trusted them on the Ultra.
I trusted them on the 800 bigblock.
I didn't trust them on the 900.
I trusted them on the new 800.

I don't know that I trust them any more.

sled_guy

X2.......Cat or Doo for me. Even Doo's motor is more reliable now. :cool:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Should the final fix be a two injector system. That would pretty much establish that Polaris was not able to replicate Doo's SDI system. They are missing a key component that allows for the 4 injector system to seamlessly switch between 2 and 4 injectors.

The same company....as far as I know... Orbital engines, developed the E-Tec injection with BRP AND they are also onboard since last year for developenet/revamp of the CFi system and in particular to solve the 800 issues.

63nova

Jun 4, 2008
The flatlands
4 injector

So I decided to be a pain in the *** to get some answers. I called a lot of Polaris dealers (lost track of how many) till I finally got 2 that could give me a part number for the 2010 fuel "rail". They gave me 2520572, which is the same as the 2009 part number. That tells me that the 800 stays with 4 injectors.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Nova... it's not that simple.... that is what the factory parts fiche shows for the Rail.

That fiche has been out for about 4 month now... with that part number..lots of things have been happening in Roseau/Medina since then.

Heck.. that same parts fiche calls out the same part number for the head for the 2010 as 2009 PN 3022144...and that is most likely changed.

I think that the 2010 800's will be the last, of all the sleds delivered even though some dealers show slated delivery as soon as next week.

I hope I'm wrong.

Since the Update kits for the 08/09's aren't announced yet... then I doubt that the 2010 final production versions of the 800's are ready yet for shipping. IMO... we'll see the first of the 2010 sleds roll out just before the update kits are available.

Two injector or 4 injector Could simply be programming the map differently and not running one pair of injectors even though they are still installed.

We'll know when either the first 800 update kits arrive at the dealer OR the first 800 CFi sleds arrive.

At this point... it is all rumors and conjecture... so, If you are bored... let em fly and see if you get bragging rites in your gamble to say "I told you so"

Heres mine, Doc Brown has been brought on to set up a new flux capacitor to make one point twentyone jigawatts of power needed to put the Dragons on top of the mountain first !!

Last edited:

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
8/24/2009 just looked under the hood of a 2010 Assualt and a blue 800 rmk 4injectors

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
You have a Just-delivered, production 2010 Assaults and RMKs?... or Demos from this past season?

Where is your dealership?

This should mean that the update kits should be shipping soon for the 08/09 800's. (hopefully)

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
Ok I must have got bored because I read the whole post and have the following to add.

Flux capacitors- I though it was common knowledge that Polaris lost the flux capacitor project only weeks before the EPA approval( it got purhased by big oil), and that is part of the issue that has delayed the end users from seeing the final package, Polaris basically had to start over.

2 or 4 injectors. Horse Power is not a direct function of the number of injectors installed in a motor. So 2 or 4 injectors makes no difference to me as long as they can get enough fuel in a cylinder to go with the amounts of air they get in the cylinder. Do that how ever you want and if the amount of fuel and air are the same and the mixing of the fuel and the air is good you will not know if it is 1, 2, 3 or 4 injectors and nether will the motor.

My guess is it is 4 injectors because I have not heard anything about changing the injectors out or changing the fuel pressure in the system and I would question if they can make only 2 to the 4 injectors work across the duty cycle range necessary from idle to full throttle when that is not the original engineered selection of either of these injectors sets.

I love and hate all these rumors. It gives me something to ponder but is also gives so much time for bad press. But since Polaris refrains from informing us I guess rumors it is.

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
So are all the 2010 sleds that have shown up, in Canada or have some shown up in the USA?

P
Nov 27, 2007
I'm tired of arguing this but a fuel controller does help the mapping but does not fix it. The sleds still had the stutter and still had heat building up consequently engines still went down. If the problem was only mapping this issue would have been fixed very quickly even with epa stipulations.

S
Mar 31, 2009
My dealer left me a message today that he got news from Polaris of the recall and has my parts on order. He said he will call me when they are in. I would think if Polaris has the parts in stock that my sled should be taken care of within the next week and a half.

Premium Features