• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

no turbo boost

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Well we did 5 straight weeks in Montana testing trip this year, We rode over 31 days when we were there. That is alot better than most companies. Also had plans to meet up with your dealers to compare but they wouldnt show. Iam done here, you can keep bragging if you want.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Have you contacted Boondockers yet? With problems such as these a phone call works, that way we diagnose, and fix all at once. Give us a call, Junior at Boondockers 1-208-542-4411 Thanks Diann

I would just like to say BD sells more turbos, that is why you see more threads. Silber you bought your kit from justin at code red, then hacked it apart, and started selling them, the last guy that got one of your kits, will buy Boondocker next time, snowjw went through hell to get him parts to make it work. If anyone has ?s there are three of us on here, savedbygrace, SafetyBob, and BDTurbo. Feel free to contact us anytime, even after hours. Thanks Diann

I called and talked to Jared about the problems that I was having. I had my #'s between 20 and 25 pts higher than BD recommended #'s because I was still scoring pistons. He told me to reset the box to the stock #'s to see what the o2 readings were. I promptly scored a new set of $300 pistons by listening to Jared.:mad: Would you like the address to send the check to?

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I called and talked to Jared about the problems that I was having. I had my #'s between 20 and 25 pts higher than BD recommended #'s because I was still scoring pistons. He told me to reset the box to the stock #'s to see what the o2 readings were. I promptly scored a new set of $300 pistons by listening to Jared.:mad: Would you like the address to send the check to?

if your scoring pistons that bad than you need to ditch to turbo and find your problem. becuase it is going to be soemthing wrong w/ your sled not your turbo system. i ran my numbers significantly lower than jared told me was safe last weekend and the deto sensor was going off( no it doesnt flash a light) it was adding so much fuel trying to correct the problem it ran like shhIIt. regaurdless of how rich or lean you make the bd box unless you dont know how to read gauges or are just incompitent to tuning i dont see how you could burn your sled down. polaris has many known issues w/ their pistons last year and this year and some of the cylinders have been found out of round as well. not to mention all of the electrical issues they have had this year. who is installing your pistons and doing the work on the motor?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
if your scoring pistons that bad than you need to ditch to turbo and find your problem. becuase it is going to be soemthing wrong w/ your sled not your turbo system. i ran my numbers significantly lower than jared told me was safe last weekend and the deto sensor was going off( no it doesnt flash a light) it was adding so much fuel trying to correct the problem it ran like shhIIt. regaurdless of how rich or lean you make the bd box unless you dont know how to read gauges or are just incompitent to tuning i dont see how you could burn your sled down. polaris has many known issues w/ their pistons last year and this year and some of the cylinders have been found out of round as well. not to mention all of the electrical issues they have had this year. who is installing your pistons and doing the work on the motor?

The 1st problem was using egt's instead of wideband o2- I wanted o2, a vendor suggested egt's. That problem was resolved.

The 2nd problem was having a bad v.r or ECU or both. They were replaced and the BD numbers were then working correctly.

The 3rd problem was intermittant and was not able to be completely defined and isolated until the first two problems were eliminated. That was the fact that my sled would go lean when long climbs were done at 1/2 tank of fuel or less. I have a new fuel pump assembly that has yet to be used to either verify that my fuel pickup was faulty or that the design is what has caused my sled and possibly others to burn down.

I won't take the incompetent comment personally as I have had dozens and dozens of PM's, emails, texts, and phone calls with people running these kits, people selling the kits, my dealer who runs and sells these kits, and multiple people at Boondocker. I have done every single thing that they have told me to do over the last 2 months. Some of the things that I was told to do have helped and some have directly resulted in engine damage. Am I an expert tuner? No I am not, but I am much more knowledgeable than most that have experienced an 800 burndown. In fact most were down for weeks at a time waiting for parts. Most of those got their sleds back and still don't know why they went down in the first place, and won't have a clue when they go down again.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
why was the first probelm using egt's instead of a wideband o2? i have never used an o2 gauge and probably never will. out of the i'd say 15 turbo sleds i'm around on a regular basis none of them run o2's either... they give just as many false readings as they do good ones and race fuel eats the sensors almost every three rides. egt's on the other hand allow you to add subtract fuel through out the powerband until the sled feels pretty good.... and then allows you to fine tune the sled leaning it down until the temps are in the right range generaly between 1220-1300 degrees giver or take some. i'd say your vendor suggested the best tool to be used. and its about time you stated the truth about the bad ecu and regulator, and possible fuel pump instead of trying to make the bd guy's look like idiots. my rant is over now. good luck getting your sled running. once you get it back together the numbers i have found to work the best through 2000 miles of riding in the last 5 months and over the phone w/ jared who is a genius when it comes to turbos and sleds have been 38 48 56... give them a shot if you havent already. i've been running those numbers for the last 400 miles at 10ish lbs of boost on 50/50 race fuel (109 motor octane) to pump fuel at 6-8000k ft and its ran flawless day in and day out.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
why was the first probelm using egt's instead of a wideband o2? i have never used an o2 gauge and probably never will. out of the i'd say 15 turbo sleds i'm around on a regular basis none of them run o2's either... they give just as many false readings as they do good ones and race fuel eats the sensors almost every three rides. egt's on the other hand allow you to add subtract fuel through out the powerband until the sled feels pretty good.... and then allows you to fine tune the sled leaning it down until the temps are in the right range generaly between 1220-1300 degrees giver or take some. i'd say your vendor suggested the best tool to be used. and its about time you stated the truth about the bad ecu and regulator, and possible fuel pump instead of trying to make the bd guy's look like idiots. my rant is over now. good luck getting your sled running. once you get it back together the numbers i have found to work the best through 2000 miles of riding in the last 5 months and over the phone w/ jared who is a genius when it comes to turbos and sleds have been 38 48 56... give them a shot if you havent already. i've been running those numbers for the last 400 miles at 10ish lbs of boost on 50/50 race fuel (109 motor octane) to pump fuel at 6-8000k ft and its ran flawless day in and day out.

My intent is not to make anyone look like idiots, but you are sure taking it personally. The fact is that I spoke to Jared, on different occasions and was he given all the info that I had at the time. After getting a new set of pistons and installing the wideband, Jared TOLD me to reset the box back to the stock numbers and run it. The fact is, that directly cost me a set of pistons, sorry it offends you, but that is a fact. As far as the egts go, you know that the EGT is useless without a baseline. I wasn't able to determine the baseline as I had pistons that had wash 3/4 the way around the piston and yet at some point lean enough to score them. You can make yourself feel better by bagging on me, but the fact is the dealer and Boondocker were aware of the problems that I was having. They were trying to help but the progress was slow due to multiple problems and intermittant issues. I had BD offering to get me another ECU, my dealer was the one that got it to me first. BD even mentioned getting somebody to come down to see the sled run, it didn't happen, but they were at least putting it out there.
Your comment about "finally admitting the ECU" issue is out of line, those parts were only replaced on a friday and run that Sat. and Sun. It was those two days that problem #2 was verified fixed and problem #3 was verified. I have been waiting for parts since then.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Have you contacted Boondockers yet? With problems such as these a phone call works, that way we diagnose, and fix all at once. Give us a call, Junior at Boondockers 1-208-542-4411 Thanks Diann

I would just like to say BD sells more turbos, that is why you see more threads. Silber you bought your kit from justin at code red, then hacked it apart, and started selling them, the last guy that got one of your kits, will buy Boondocker next time, snowjw went through hell to get him parts to make it work. If anyone has ?s there are three of us on here, savedbygrace, SafetyBob, and BDTurbo. Feel free to contact us anytime, even after hours. Thanks Diann

WOW!

I would just like to say this---^ is bad business! Very unimpressed with this response. You should never represent somebodys company by making accusations.

Unimpressed!

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Hate to interupt the little cat fight... but WFO have you figured the problem out yet??????

Would like to know also, Its no fun having problems, And thats why most of are on this forum, To help people out and get help from others. Please let us know what you found out. Thanks Justin

W
Would like to know also, Its no fun having problems, And thats why most of are on this forum, To help people out and get help from others. Please let us know what you found out. Thanks Justin

We are going to work on it tomorrow and take it for a ride this weekend so I will let u guy's know what we find out. Thank you for all the help. Didnt meen to get everybody all rialed up;)

Update on no turbo boost

We took my friends sled apart on friday and took it for a ride on monday. We found that the exhaust y pipe gasket was leaking a little, one of the O-rings on the air box was leaking and the waste gate was to loose. I tightened the waste gate a little to much so we had to let it off up in the hills, but his sled will now boost. We got it to boost 7.5 but we had to leave early because we were riding with a ski doo that broke its crank. Thank you everyone for your help and imput.:beer;:)

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Glad to hear you got it running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the crap storm between the other guys can start again...... :D I am even going to join in a little..... ;)

and then allows you to fine tune the sled leaning it down until the temps are in the right range generaly between 1220-1300 degrees giver or take some. i'd say your vendor suggested the best tool to be used.

Kinzer... my turbo runs at 1080 all day long and loves it.... explain that? if you are using egts, where should your bottom end temp be? what about midrange?

Personally I think a A/F gauge is MUCH more reliable(especially to a newby in the turbo world).. If you do some research you can find one that doesnt burn up probes.... I garuntee it!!!!!! We run 114 and havent had a problem. I do agree you can get some funky A/F readings, but you have to understand a turbo sled more than just the A/F gauge or EGT to tune it properly.....

Premium Features