• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

no turbo boost

W
My friend has a 2008 pump gas boondocker turbo. We can only get it to boost 5.8 psi at 8000 foot and above. He has changed the exhaust dounut, waist gate is working,changed throttle body boot and changed the pipe flange gasket and still nothing. Any idea's on this? Thank you in advance.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Aren't you only supposed to run 4-6 lbs boost anyway?? I thought pg turbos weren't supposed to exceed about 6 psi before changing stuff to run with a higher octane fuel. Doesn't seem bad to me unless you've rigged it to go higher on a premium/race fuel mix. Good luck.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Aren't you only supposed to run 4-6 lbs boost anyway?? I thought pg turbos weren't supposed to exceed about 6 psi before changing stuff to run with a higher octane fuel. Doesn't seem bad to me unless you've rigged it to go higher on a premium/race fuel mix. Good luck.

the pump gas turbo set up can be run up to 14lbs of boost and actually a little higher with out changing anything. are you running a mini intercooler on yours? had a buddy this year that couldnt build boost and it was due to the intercooler leaking off pressure.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
OMG another BD turbo problem, Pressure up your system with shop air to check for leaks, Could be:
Throttle bodie boots
Orings on that fancy airbox not sealing correctly
Wastegate not set tight enough
Cracked exhaust pipe
Check them and get back to us.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
OMG another BD turbo problem, Pressure up your system with shop air to check for leaks, Could be:
Throttle bodie boots
Orings on that fancy airbox not sealing correctly
Wastegate not set tight enough
Cracked exhaust pipe
Check them and get back to us.

that was a pretty imature statement silbur... BD has hundreds of kits out there are going to be issues w/ some and it could be anything from bd fault to install fault.... how many kits do you have out?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Just saying as the last 15 threads have all been this, After all the sh1t I took from bd dealers, about my product, dont think that was a bad statement, at least iam giving him ideals for things to check on his sled, dont see BD on here helping him out.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
OMG another BD turbo problem

LMAO... sorry, I would tend to agree, seems like there is a ton of these threads. Plus I dont think he meant to be a prick... just pokin fun...

Like Silber said, he is on here trying to help... and BD isnt. Cut him some slack!

I would be interested to your airbox too. Twister built mine, and he has tried about every air box design imaginable over the years.... He is pretty confident in what he has now.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
LMAO... sorry, I would tend to agree, seems like there is a ton of these threads. Plus I dont think he meant to be a prick... just pokin fun...

Like Silber said, he is on here trying to help... and BD isnt. Cut him some slack!

I would be interested to your airbox too. Twister built mine, and he has tried about every air box design imaginable over the years.... He is pretty confident in what he has now.

Thanks, I wasnt trying to be a d1ck, Just want to help as its not fun when your sled isnt working correctly, I will post some pictures tomorrow of my airbox. Thanks Justin

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
If your wondering about mine, Its a perforated stainless filter cage, with a prefilter.

no was asking about his because if he has a small filter causing the system not to get enough air in the higher elevations

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
Silber your kit look's almost identical to bd's kit? Whats really the difference?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Silber your kit look's almost identical to bd's kit? Whats really the difference?

Larger charge tube, Larger exhaust, simple fuel controller, Just to name a few. My kits dont have oring fitting charge parts but, just pipe and couplers.

MH here is some pictures of my style airbox, Just install the stock airbox flanges in it and good to go, You can glue them in for an extra precaution, and forsure airtight seal, Its works great. I will probally get some crap saying they will blow off but they dont, If your throttle bodies are not blowing off the reedcage flanges, then this airbox is not going anywhere either, That goes for all the style airbox's out there. The rubber airbox flanges are the same style as the reedcage flanges so you charge system can only be as good as that part. (if that makes sense)

184.jpg 185.jpg 186.jpg 187.jpg

Last edited:
S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
With problems such as these a phone call works, that way we diagnose, and fix all at once. Give us a call, Junior at Boondockers 1-208-542-4411 Thanks Diann

Last edited:
S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Here it goes, I bought one of your kits to sell one of my sleds right away, as it was early season, Code red Was all on my case wanting parts from me when You guys at BD wouldnt sell him seperate parts. Idc keep talking sh1t, I was just trying to help. I dont care if I sell the most kits, Iam just here to hook people up with a great product for a great price, And somone to call if they have any problems 24/7, You wont get an answering machine from me on the weekends, when everyone is out riding. Wasting there weekend trips cause they cant get answer from there turbo company. I havent bash your guys products one bit, I have posted many times that you guys make awsome products, it just doesnt fit everyones price range. So keep it coming I understand!:)

Premium Features