• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: PRO RMK Steering post bushing option

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
I would be happy to sell you all three But the two in the upper steering shaft are really the problem the lower of those two is prone to breaking if you hit something in a turn and the combination of two bushings removes the radial and vertical play in the shaft /bars . I recommend moving the aluminum backer plate from the lower bushing on the upper shaft to the bushing assembly on the lower shaft for insurance. That one is rarely a problem that I am aware of.

Thanks for the info, I haven't noticed much for slop on my 14, but there are only 500 miles on it. I'll order 2 of them up.

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
We are now stocking the Polzin Steering Bushings. Available through our website along with all our other products.

Steering-Bushing-300x225.jpg

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I bought a set last year, very satisfied. The only problem is there should be a sticker on it saying, this side up dumb asss! It is amazing what a 12 pack of beer and loud music can do when wrenching on a sled!:noidea:

S

SnowWay

Mar 19, 2014
I just finished installing these new steering bushings on my SBA and I've got to say they are awesome!! What a HUGE improvement over stock! My sled is a brand new 2015 and right off the showroom floor it had an embarrassing amount of vertical slop in the steering...these bushings completely eliminated every bit of slop and is buttery smooth.
Thank you for making such an awesome product POLZIN:face-icon-small-coo
Top notch!!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ordered and received 3 promptly.
Excellent quality and well thought out for fit, durability and strength.
Installed one at a time and wiggled the bars after changing each one out.
It just kept getting better and better and the steering slop kept disappearing.
10 out 10 for this product!!!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I recommend doing the two on the upper post. You can replace all three but the one on the lower steering shaft isn't often a problem. If you choose no to replace it I do recommend moving the aluminum backer plate from the bottom bushing on the upper shaft to that location for added insurance.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I recommend doing the two on the upper post. You can replace all three but the one on the lower steering shaft isn't often a problem. If you choose no to replace it I do recommend moving the aluminum backer plate from the bottom bushing on the upper shaft to that location for added insurance.
Is there a stocking dealer in western Canada?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Happy end of summer everyone! I am currently working on this years first production run of bushings. I have a few ready to go and will ave lots more soon. time to get that sled ready for the snow!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Happy end of summer everyone! I am currently working on this years first production run of bushings. I have a few ready to go and will ave lots more soon. time to get that sled ready for the snow!

Are you planning to make axys steering bushings?
The prototype sled i looked at had nice tight steering but my production sled not so much.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Are you planning to make axys steering bushings?
The prototype sled i looked at had nice tight steering but my production sled not so much.

I have not laid my hands on an AXYS, But.....

UPDATED my bet below was incorrect, they are different. Thanks B&M Fab

I would be willing to bet they are interchangeable and the PRO mounts will fit / work, both stock and aftermarket. The mounting spacing has not changed in 15+ years on the Polaris sleds (EDGE, PRO X, IQR, IQ, and PRO Ride, chassis at least) they did change from SAE fasteners to Metric fasteners and have upsized the tube from 1" to 1 1/8" over the years.

Definitely worth pulling a few dimensions and comparing them.

Last edited:
Premium Features