• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help getting transfer out of the new '08 skids....

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
Anyone tried this on an 06 with the float conversion? Geo do you have any experience with this?

SEAKM8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
AK
I did geo's mod and my rear end is really squwated down when it is just siting on the ground. Any one els have this issue.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I did it and had the same problem. Also with my 2 1/2" track, my paddles were hitting the underside of the tunnel pretty hard. I went back to stock settings.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I just did mine this last weekend and of course have not been able to ride it yet. Everything seems like it is going to work just fine, the only question i have is the suspension stop does not touch when the suspension is fully extended is that a problem? With the suspension fully @ full extention there is probably still 1/2" between the suspension support and stop bar.

I hope this mod works as advertised I too have the 2.5" camo extreme so I hope there is no rubbing going on now that the anchor point is now higher on the drop bracket. I have not messed with my air pressure very much yet but I can tell that I will be able to run less psi in the shock now. I was using the max 150psi I thing I should be able to run under 100psi now.

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
geo mod

I just did mine this last weekend and of course have not been able to ride it yet. Everything seems like it is going to work just fine, the only question i have is the suspension stop does not touch when the suspension is fully extended is that a problem? With the suspension fully @ full extention there is probably still 1/2" between the suspension support and stop bar.

I hope this mod works as advertised I too have the 2.5" camo extreme so I hope there is no rubbing going on now that the anchor point is now higher on the drop bracket. I have not messed with my air pressure very much yet but I can tell that I will be able to run less psi in the shock now. I was using the max 150psi I thing I should be able to run under 100psi now.

I did the geo mod on my sled 08 1000 sno pro, I couldnt tell if it rode any different and the sled was always sitting like the shocks were sacked out, after riding, wait a min pick up the bumper and it would stay, however i played with the stock settings and geo's setting, honestly I couldnt tell the difference in ride.
I then added a 2.5" camoplast and couldnt run Geos mod what so ever the paddles were hitting the underside on the tunnel HARD!
set it back to stock and had fun.
the stock camoplast is almost worse than the maverick! brutal tracks!

B

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I did the geo mod on my sled 08 1000 sno pro, I couldnt tell if it rode any different and the sled was always sitting like the shocks were sacked out, after riding, wait a min pick up the bumper and it would stay, however i played with the stock settings and geo's setting, honestly I couldnt tell the difference in ride.
I then added a 2.5" camoplast and couldnt run Geos mod what so ever the paddles were hitting the underside on the tunnel HARD!
set it back to stock and had fun.
the stock camoplast is almost worse than the maverick! brutal tracks!

B

I dont see how it would hit the tunnel.... Your only moving that upper mount up by .2" correct? (The 11.4mm from the edge and 11.4mm down from the bent.)

I ran the mod with a 156"x2.5" and didnt have any issues..? The corner tip of the outside paddles were still .2" away from my corner cooler and about 1" away from my tunnel. The Power Claw has plenty of room in there now.:D

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
So this mod won't work with a 2.5" track? Anyone think that it helped gettin on top the snow faster? Was thinkin of trying this on my 06 m7 but i might just wait and see how it works with the float conversion.:beer;

T
Nov 26, 2007
I in no way mean any disrespect to GEO but I did the mod to my 1000 and m8. It did improve the stutter bump ride to a great degree but I feel that it hindered deep snow performance. So I ended up back at stock settings not as nice down the trail but better on the hill.:beer;

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
So this mod won't work with a 2.5" track? Anyone think that it helped gettin on top the snow faster? Was thinkin of trying this on my 06 m7 but i might just wait and see how it works with the float conversion.:beer;

It work's with the Extreme 2.5".

I in no way mean any disrespect to GEO but I did the mod to my 1000 and m8. It did improve the stutter bump ride to a great degree but I feel that it hindered deep snow performance. So I ended up back at stock settings not as nice down the trail but better on the hill.

I think if you go down too low (90psi) it screws up the deep powder performance. When I tried just a bit higher (100psi) pressure it improved.

The sled should not sag any just sitting there without you on it. It should sag 2" with you standing on the sled in riding possision.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I in no way mean any disrespect to GEO but I did the mod to my 1000 and m8. It did improve the stutter bump ride to a great degree but I feel that it hindered deep snow performance. So I ended up back at stock settings not as nice down the trail but better on the hill.:beer;

Same findings, back end squats too much, major treching (combo of bad camo challenger track) as well. Went back to stock parameters for steep and deep.

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
This is a little off the topic but, how much better is the float skid than the older spring skid in the deep snow?

Dec 4, 2007
Idaho
I did the mod before I even rode the sled. It never felt comfortabe to me. I thought it transfered too much and was a little hard to control. I switched it back to stock and I "feel" that it climbs and handles better in the stock position. jmo

Premium Features