• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IceAge / Fox Co-development - whats new for '21?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
New for 2021, IceAge and Fox have collaborated to bring a whole new level of suspension technology and usability to the snowmobile market. By working together with the tuning masterminds at FOX and utilizing input from Chris Burandt, we have specced a coil shock package that performs at a boutique-suspension level, at a sub $1000 US price. No more confusing million position clickers that ice up and require a journal just to keep track of. The QS3 3-position switch gives you 3 distinctly dialed suspension modes that give you the full spectrum of performance, from playful to planted, without having to take your gloves off. If you love to climb the steepest terrain, or are just tired of wheelying out on ascents, the independent rear track shock lockout will tame even the most aggressive front end lift (especially for you turbo riders out there!)

Whats new?
  • Position sensitive valving
  • Lightweight shock bodies
  • Lightweight coil springs
  • Improved valving packages
  • New coil package pricing

The 1.5 Zero QS3 coil shocks are the standout product from the winters development. The new shocks shed some serious pounds with increased trimmed down bodies and lightweight springs. The new models are 21% lighter then previous units which now puts the coils as the lightest fully featured shock on the market. The position sensitive valving coupled with simplicity of the QS3 adjustment makes for a very simple, easy to approach and adjust shock for any skill level rider. These shocks represent an incredibly plush ride with great anti-bottoming performance fit for the majority of riders. The QS3 features with Lockout on the rear track shock on the Khaos models is a hard to beat setup. Its incredibly easy to go from huge wheelies to skis down and get out of a sticky spot with a flip of a switch. The ski and skid packages are both priced at $995/set meaning you are getting top of the line performance with much more budget friendly pricing.

The Float 3 QS3R Evol Shock packages also saw some substantial improvements. With the new bodies and components the shock dropped 15% of its weight off the already trim air packages. The reduced weight as well as the addition of the position sensitive valving means the top of the line shocks just keep getting better. The Float series offers not only reduced weight over the coils but additional performance and adjustments for those seeking the absolute most out of their shocks. The airs feature adjustable main air pressure, evol chamber pressure. QS3 Compression adjustments as well as QS3 rebound. The dual chambered air creates an incredibly progressive 'spring rate' coupled with the position sensetive dampening the shock stroke feels endless. Pricing is $1595 ski /$1295 skid.

For the second portion of our season our local trail groomer was buried in an avalanche so our trail system got absolutely thrashed. Whoops were getting huge and the spring freeze/thaw meant suspension components were getting pushed to the limits. This helped show us truly how capable the shock packages are at eating up rough terrain. We put a lot of miles on both of these packages through the winter testing with the team from FOX and are STOKED to get guys on these setups.

For more info check them out! - https://iceageperformance.com/suspension-packages/fox-shocks.html

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
coil_front.png
rts_w_rails_angle.jpeg
skid_pair.png

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Hey guys, just FYI, we still have a decent stock of the 1.5 QS3 ski and skid shocks for the Khaos (and some RMK skid) left in stock. Guys have been getting out and are loving the kits. We are shipping daily and are 2-3 days from most riding in the western US. So if you want to update and get a better ride along with more control and less weight, snag a set today!

J
Nov 27, 2016
Hey Guy from IceAge just want to know when the ice age academy section will have good info on shock settings
That is a really good idea to create that section
but for now
you have nothing inside the section ...
Let me know
Thank you for you help

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Hey Guy from IceAge just want to know when the ice age academy section will have good info on shock settings
That is a really good idea to create that section
but for now
you have nothing inside the section ...
Let me know
Thank you for you help

We're back to working on this as our season has calmed down a bit finally. Its been a wild fall so far and we really appreciate everyone's support of all of our products.

Some good news is for guys wanting to get into the Float shock packages is we did just receive another small run of floats so if you are wanting to do those hit us up as they will not last long!

We still have decent stock of the coil packages for guys wanting to upgrade just shocks or do a chaos converion package as well.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
@IceAge Performance Id like to upgrade, if it would be, from my Evol X shocks but i need/ want 18.5" cc. i have not checked your availability yet (DAMN COVID CHECK WAS ONLY $6fu's) but my thought/opinion is you guys should offer these shocks with your own graphics. I know Chris sells them and that fox created that logo for obvious reasons but something different alwys helped me fork out some cash. I LOVE C.B. He is the Goat and this offhand attack is more than me just calling him old. LOL, i however don't want his name and logo on my sled. Same with KC711. Again, its just a "highmarking" type mentality. Constructive criticism, other than a run of purple spindles for the pro rmk conversions ;) (y)

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
@shagsmc i have a 2013 assault scissorframe i could sell you with walker needle shocks 220 spring. pm me. I WANT to play with the fox air OVER coil spring shocks that come on the 19 or so adventure models? haha i don't know how involved you wanna get on sled mods but pm me if you like

Premium Features