• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mods for m7?

L
I am currently riding a 2005 m7 and im wondering what are some good non motor related mods are for it, also ive heard there a few cheap to free mods I can do to make my sled a little better, does anyone know of any?
Your help is apreciated.
Thanks, Levi.

bamb800

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2008
Fountain City, WI
I put a used set of Simmons skiis, a 2 wheel kit, 3 in bar riser, and side vents on mine. I haven't put the holz rear suspension brackets on yet, but I'll be doing it soon. They are on sale for 50 bucks on their website. These are a relatively cheap upgrades that worked really well on mine.

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
I tried the SLP air horn, HRP brackets, aftermarket can, RK tek secondary kit, BMP pipe mod and some other stuff I am sure I am forgetting. Most of them I took off after they produced no or negative improvements. This is depressing writing this and adding up the wasted cash in my head, but the only MOD I ever did that I noticed an immediate improvement was to add some side vents. They almost completely eliminated my low end bog. In hind sight after having a BD control box on more recent sleds, I think it would have been a worthwhile investment on a M7 with running issues.

S
Oct 14, 2001
Tomahawk, WI
I just picked up a '05 M7 and will be riding it this weekend for the first time. It has stock skis, but I have a set of Simmons Gen 1 that will fit it as well.

Do the Simmons skis provide a noticeable improvement over the stockers on an M7 and if so - specifically where do they perform better?

M
Dec 6, 2008
HRP brackets, skis, vents, no-snos, cut down windshield, bdx bumper, and riser are all a must for me. Good clutching is one of the best mods to do as well. Powderclaw might be a good idea too depending on where you ride.

L
you probaly more like deffinatly want vents and then a can and or a y pipe i think is the way to go if you dont want any major engine mods:D

Do you know if the vents come pre installed in a side panel? Or do I have to cut a hole and fit them into the stock side panels?
Because I definetly want to get some but I do not want to have to do the cutting.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Thanks for the link but im still unsure, are the vents already in a new side panel or do I have to cut a hole and install the vents into my stock side panel?

you have to cut some holes in the stock panel then rivet the vent over the top of it. i know it sounds bad to hack up a perfectly good sled but it is well worth it. i just used a hole saw and made some holes instead of cutting the hole side out, its pretty easy.

S

Sled365

Mar 14, 2008
The one and Only G-Town,Wy
Do you know if the vents come pre installed in a side panel? Or do I have to cut a hole and fit them into the stock side panels?
Because I definetly want to get some but I do not want to have to do the cutting.
yeah you have to do the cutting it pretty simple im 15 and i did by myself(little help from my cousin whos 16) but it took about 45 minutes for the first one and 30 minutes for the second one. easy peasy lemon sqeezey:D

M
Nov 23, 2008
Vancouver, wash
06 m7, Boss seat, hrp brackets, 07 rear arm. two cool air vents, Super- Q can. Slp air horn. 09 steering post and bars, Powerclaw track, Two wheel kit, BDX inside bogie wheels up frount lose outside wheels. Titaneum torsen springs. Have all the parts to switch tail end to 09. Stock cluching with titanium springs and shift assit. Runs perfect. Gas and oil pull the rope.

L
06 m7, Boss seat, hrp brackets, 07 rear arm. two cool air vents, Super- Q can. Slp air horn. 09 steering post and bars, Powerclaw track, Two wheel kit, BDX inside bogie wheels up frount lose outside wheels. Titaneum torsen springs. Have all the parts to switch tail end to 09. Stock cluching with titanium springs and shift assit. Runs perfect. Gas and oil pull the rope.

What is this and what purpose does it serve?
And how big of a difference is the ride with the boss seat?
Thanks, Levi

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
IMO - Required: HRP brackets ($50 - $70), shock tower flo-rite ($20 -$30), side vents ($90 - $170, bar riser ($40 @ Ole's), shift assist ($30), no-snows/snow cleats/fastlanes for running boards ($100 - $150), get the oil ratio right (free unless you go too far and burn it down). Almost required: Boss seat ($400 used to $600 new), 10.4" clutch w/046 belt ($180 - $300 depending on how you do it), anti-stab kit ($90). Things I think are needed but I don't have yet: Powerclaw track ($575 - $650), two wheel kit (~$30), 09 type bumper ($200 - $500 depending). Titanium springs are good, came with my sled so don't know if they are worth buying. Get the clutching right. Depending on how you approach it could be less than $100 to $400 if you go to a torsional.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
One I forgot ^^^ and is free. The Geomod. Would need to drag the sled out to reember exactly how it goes but it is moving a pivot point on a skid arm.

L
Hey guys,
so I was talking with my dad and he said that 153 has different gearing then the 162 and, so I want to edit my first post
I have a 2005 153 efi m7 and im wondering what you would recomend I do to get some performance gains without having to mess around with the efi
also I recently put an mbrp can on it and it seems to have better bottom end but the top end doesnt pull as hard and seems to strugle, dont get me wrong I was still able to ride fine but wasnt completly pleased with the power, so im wondering if there is anything I can do to help out with this problem
your help is apreciated
thanks, Levi

R
i have an 06 M7 141,i changed out the secondary to 10.4 ,(you'll need the 046 belt) using the orange m8 spring with a gold primary....I actually like the gold spring withthe low engagement helps when in powder and you nail it.Leave the stock 36 helix.Also i hear that cans aren' that great for the m7's i had a D&D but just left the stock on.Sled runs awesome.But i might look at selling to to upgrade to something newer next year.

Premium Features