• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone tried or ran the K Mod Skinny Kit or His new 5.5 Skinny kit on your polaris???

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
Hello, I am considering switching over to Polaris and coming off of an alpha. I have rode the Polaris 850 and I struggle to get the sled to do what I want. Not the sleds fault my body just doesn't allow me to twist or pull like it used to. Thats why I have stayed on the alpha because its much easier for me to ride. I can over ride it once in a while but for the most part its good. The 5.5 Skinny kit might be better as its a little wider and would be harder to over ride. It is a big investment to go to the K mod skid but I am tired of not having Parts readily available in the mountains for a cat. They have Polaris dealers every 800' it seems like. Kevin has been great at answering questions but I am looking for input from someone who has the skinny mod on their polaris or rode one. Any help is appeciated

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I enjoyed the Skinny I had on my turbo Alpha. I have a 9R 162 now and I think having the Skinny on the sled would work well.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have a friend that just put one on his 9R, but haven’t riden it yet. Have ridden It on a boost and it saw awesome, worth 5grand to up grade a Polaris, probably not that awesome.

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
I have a friend that just put one on his 9R, but haven’t riden it yet. Have ridden It on a boost and it saw awesome, worth 5grand to up grade a Polaris, probably not that awesome.
Did he go with the skinny kit on the 9R or the 5.5 skinny kit, Once its ridden any reviews of it will be appreciated.
TIA

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
He has the new 5.5 Skinny on his '22 Boost. The turnkey skid includes a Camso LX 300 - 3"x 165 (3.5" Pitch) track with windows punched and clipped for the 5.5" skid, HD drop brackets, and Avid drivers. The custom made Avid drivers are currently for the Matryx drive shaft.

5.5 Skinny skid

1676568292151.png

Last edited:
Premium Features