• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1200, need some help!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
X
Dec 2, 2007
M1200 / Union bay 900

I had a very similar problem with my 05' M7(900). It had V-force reeds, BMP single pipe and Can, high flow air intake, boondocker control. I was given fuel setting that were suposed to work with this engine. My clutching was 80 gram at 3000 feet, 36 degree torisional helix with actice green spring. This sled pull hard until it hit around 6500 rpms and fell on it face. I started checking everything, but all seemed to be working fine. I started leaning out my boondocker setting at 7800 and 8200 rpms to the point that I thought for sure I would melt it down. The engine started pulling 8000 rpms, but the fuel setting were way out of range. (example 7800 00 -03 -02, and the number I was given were at 7800 were 05 08 11) Come to find out I needed a little more timing. I installed a 2 degree timing key and put the orginal setting back into the boondocker changed my rear helix to 42/36 and the sled ran excellent. It was lacking timing. Some time you might think you sled is running to lean, but it may be running extremly RICH.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Yes, that was really where the key was. ****in unbelievable! I still don't know how it ran that far advanced! Thanks for the beer!

And yes, I owe a bunch of people a crap load of gratitude!
Everyone on this post, thanks so much for the post, the pm's, everything. I don't ask a lot of questions, but man it's great to have such a resource as this to help us out!
Special thanks to Garr and Travis at OVS. These guys rock! If you have an issue with your cats, turbo or not, these boys know them well! Thanks Gents.
And another thanks to Jeff at Dakota. I know he was working with Travis on trying to diagnose this. Smart man and needs some props!

And another thanks to my riding partners for putting up with me on a 600! It was a little different coming from a turbo sled, and them having to wait on me.

Anyhow, the sled runs great! I will get it on the hill in a couple days and see how it really runs. But a couple passes down the field and she was screaming!

Thanks again,
Jed.

Glad you figured it out Jed. Just remember, if you ever miss those turbo days, you know where to go for a hairdryer for an AC 1200. Enjoy.....:)

scmurs

Premium Features