• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LH control assembly - missing buttons

C
Dec 26, 2008
The lefthand control assembly on my 07 dragon is missing the mode button and the headlight hi/low button. It looks like the headlight hi/low button is something I can order from polaris, but I don't see the mode button. Has anyone tried to track one of these down?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I haven't tried to find them, but maybe now is a good time for you to move your mode, heater and headlight buttons like the '09 models (Dragon). I had that sled and it is like a big John Deere tractor control being on the bar. I like the simplicity of the Pro Taper bars on my 09 with the controls on the dash. Not as easy to use down there, but it's not like you will be adjusting your modes or heaters while you are 20 feet in the air.

C
Dec 26, 2008
That's a pretty good suggestion. Has anyone done this? Would be nice to have a list of parts required and an idea of cost. Would I need to replace the plastic console or just make holes for the buttons?

I haven't tried to find them, but maybe now is a good time for you to move your mode, heater and headlight buttons like the '09 models (Dragon). I had that sled and it is like a big John Deere tractor control being on the bar. I like the simplicity of the Pro Taper bars on my 09 with the controls on the dash. Not as easy to use down there, but it's not like you will be adjusting your modes or heaters while you are 20 feet in the air.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Big undertaking... Especially if you are not electrically inclined...

There is no "sub harness" to plug in.... so you will be doing some cutting/soldering...

You can carefully cut the rectangular holes for the switches but the console itself is different and not sure if there is room on the 07 compared to the 09...

Also the switches are kinda pricey although you could use some other switches... just make sure they are waterproof...

And get a PERC switch..

C
Dec 26, 2008
I think that answers that question then. I don't want to have to cut into the stock wiring to do this.

Back to the original question - anyway to replace that mode button? Right now I can operate it if I stick something small in there.

Big undertaking... Especially if you are not electrically inclined...

There is no "sub harness" to plug in.... so you will be doing some cutting/soldering...

You can carefully cut the rectangular holes for the switches but the console itself is different and not sure if there is room on the 07 compared to the 09...

Also the switches are kinda pricey although you could use some other switches... just make sure they are waterproof...

And get a PERC switch..

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
mode button is not available seperately you must order p/n 2010290 and get the whole unit in order to get the mode button

Premium Features