• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iqr chassis for mountain riding

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
would like to get feedbacks from actual rider with an iqr-turbo(or not)......i would like to collect infos on 150" and more.

thanks guys :beer;

Z
Dec 20, 2007
I don't own one, but i can tell you i have seen some really sick ones. and they're very nimble and light, then add alot of horsepower they'll climb just about anything. If you do a search on here there are multiple guys with this set up and they ride them hard!

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
depending on how you like to ride, you will love the chassis. Mine (non boosted) is my favorite feeling sled to date, lots of fun and very easy to ride. I feel more in command than any other sled I have ridden

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
depending on how you like to ride, you will love the chassis. Mine (non boosted) is my favorite feeling sled to date, lots of fun and very easy to ride. i feel more in command than any other sled I have ridden[/QUOTE

that is the comment i was given from various guys..........do you actually own an iqr moddified for mountain riding?

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
yep still have it, ran it from november til april last winter. like I said you will love yours, it works really well in the pow but it took some tinkering to get it dialed. When it's working well it's about neck and neck with my bud's '08 800 dragon 162,with the edge occasionally going to the iqr, and I am only running a stock non ves 800 and a 156x2 camo. The weights are really close, so I beleive the good deep pow performance is attributed to the tunnel design over the non tapered dragon tunnel. I had an '08 d8 before this this one and an '07 before that, and I much prefer riding the iqr. Like I said, you feel way more in command and the riding position is far superior.
A few things I want to change for this season are to replace the front end with an rmk set-up (I like narrow), thrasher hood and series iv 2.4" track. If I was really into spending money it would have an ez ride and a stronger motor

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
thanks for the input. i will let everyone know how i like or dislike the sled by mid - november, beginning of december since here in QC know snow before that :(

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I have had one year on my iq-r. It's not boosted but I am running a 910. The track is a 166'' and the only thing that I had to get over was how sharp this chassi turns casue the end of my tunnel got hung up on two trees once.

I hope you like your new sled as much as I have enjoyed my IQ-r

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
Mountain IQr

I like the IQr platform for mountain riding because it is the lightest feeling, easiest manuvering chassis I have Rode. Mtn IQr is just an 155 RMK raw tunnel with all RMK suspension on an IQr bulkhead. Basically an 08 RMK 600....except if you get on it and rip it through the trees or up some technical terrain, you would be amazed how much easier and and lighter if feels than even the 09RMK600. Biggest thing with turning the racer chassis into a mountain sled is losing the Race rear suspension with extensions and going with an RMK or aftermarket skid. This takes care of the racers one shortcoming, trenching. hope this little rant helps, craig

S

springer

Feb 1, 2008
Washington
It is a surgical weapon for the backcounty.The most fun,easiest to ride chassis the is! You will find yourself riding with less effort, looking for more technical terrain. This chassis will make you a better rider. And do not be surprized if at the end of the day you have more energy than anyone else you may be riding with!!!!!!!!

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
Thanks everyone for the feedbacks......i simply can't wait for snow to come!!like i said earlier, i liked a lot my t-nytro for the power but simply to heavy for my riding style and terrain....i got stuck so badly last year riding along with my brothers (rmk and summit)....they got stucked too but unstucked with ease in a minute while if not from there help i would still be there!
so now i'm praying for snow to come here in quebec end of september!!!!just 3 months earlier than usual :D

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Mountains

Is there mountains in Quebec? Not being a smarta!!, just wondering. I suppose there is a few. Weren't the winter olympics held there in 76? Hope you like your new vroom vroom.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
my Tiqr is still in the works; but i rode it with a 685 and it was killer. JETFUEL has one with a small block 800, holz front and rear with 155" and it is BLAST! hands down the most fun sled i've ridden.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I built a turbo 600ho IQR last year and loved it. 144x2.5 only, it could have used more track. you're gonna love it

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i had a 06 iqr factory mod with a 136 and a 2 1/4 under it. i love it the only thing i didnt like was the attack angle of the track other than that it was a sweet mountian sled

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've spent some time in the saddle on a few of the IQR-Moutain conv.

The ones that did a true conversion and not just an extension were BRILLIANT!

The others were pretty much lack luster in the mountain riding but did OK on the trails.

Brads sleds are an example of a true conversion.

Let us know how it rides and post up some pix!!

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
I've spent some time in the saddle on a few of the IQR-Moutain conv.

The ones that did a true conversion and not just an extension were BRILLIANT!

The others were pretty much lack luster in the mountain riding but did OK on the trails.

Brads sleds are an example of a true conversion.

Let us know how it rides and post up some pix!!

I will post pics later for sure! Brad at power addiction is a very cool guy.....always answer phone calls and takes time to explain plus and minus....ect...for me so far so good!

only thing i can't make up my mind is : do i keep the 2" camo extreme with 9 tooth drivers or do i switch for 2.5" camo with 7 tooth drivers?? i don't realy need the track speed much (since no 2000 feet mountain here!) since i'm running lakes and boondock most of the time should i go with the 2.5"??

Premium Features