• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to get powervalves out of 06 M7

C
I had a 03 900 cat 1m that the valves just pulled out and I
could clean them well I tried on my M7 that is carburated and the cables
keep it from coming out do I need to unhook the cables or am I missing something trying to learn more about these M7 compared to my 900 thanks

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Take the 10 mm bolts out and pull it out. the assembly should slide out. there is an allen screw that holds the power valve in the spacer. take that out and it should all come appart.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Its a good idea to disconect the cables any way.
Once you have the valves off to clean, you can inspect the cables to see if they move freely, if not, replace them.
Then once you have the valves re-installed, you can operate them by hand, by pulling the canle... Again to see if the operate freely.
And lastly, you need to inspect the cable lengths when routed in the proper location to see if they are in spec, and also that they are the same length as eachother.
If they have not been cleaned, they are probably very gummed up, and the cable housings will take a seat(shrink slightly), so most likely they will be out of adjustment.

Premium Features