• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to drain Diamond drive oil?

B
Jan 20, 2009
Ok I got all the info I need from you guys regarding how much and what kind of oil to use and stuff but umm I feel like stupid for asking but how do you drain the oil? I know you pull the drain plug but there is no where for the oil to run? In the owners manual it says I need a special drain hose dealy thinger.... Seems like lots of hassle just to drain the oil. I know you guys probly have tricks or i'm missing somthing? Thanks again guys!

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
On the clutch side there is a dip in the bellypan under where the secondary would be. In the bottom of that dip is a drain hole for 2 reasons. for melted snow to dissipate and to to drain DD oil int oan old cake pan or small bucket. Youll have to wipe out the bellypan really well afterwards but it works.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
On the clutch side there is a dip in the bellypan under where the secondary would be. In the bottom of that dip is a drain hole for 2 reasons. for melted snow to dissipate and to to drain DD oil int oan old cake pan or small bucket. Youll have to wipe out the bellypan really well afterwards but it works.

yup:beer;

B
Jan 20, 2009
hmm I looked everywhere and couldn't find one. I was just going to drill a small hole and make one but i'll look tommorow.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I know where the drain plug is I was just wonderin how to get the oil out of the belly pan itself, Thanks tho!

Sorry about that one... At least you have the link in case you want to pull it and check it out :D

B
Jan 20, 2009
haha ya I saved the link just in case. And I just pulled the drain plugs and let it drain thrugh the little holes on the belly pan, I added 2 small holes right under the drain plug aswell seemed to help

Premium Features