• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot boost oil

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I figured that's the response I would get. I'm pretty sure Polaris doesn't recommend putting any aftermarket product on or in your machine but we do for benefits. Do you put the recommended product in or on everything that you own? I know people that have a good dealer and run aftermarket turbos and still get warranty work.

Was hopeful to learn something, not get ridiculed for "not following the manual". Should just delete this since i probably worded it wrong and it's viewed as a "what oil should I use".
Basically the real question you wanted to ask is one nobody has experience to give an answer to.

Because nobody but polaris R&D has run a patriot boost with anything other than ves extreme. (Or run one at all)

With polaris first year product track record?????

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Basically the real question you wanted to ask is one nobody has experience to give an answer to.

Because nobody but polaris R&D has run a patriot boost with anything other than ves extreme. (Or run one at all)

With polaris first year product track record?????

Your right there, is a difficult question. Was hoping there would be some cool website I haven't visited to point me in the right direction. While I understand we haven't got to run the patriot boost yet it's similar ,other than the smart boost, to turbos that have been around a long time. I'm hopeful that the r&d is doing a good job since they have caught an issue already, but thankful for the warranty, wish it was 4 years worth.

T
Dec 20, 2018
For the record both my freeride 2018 and my expert 2020 are in the 18:1- 30:1 range on good days......They are truly good on gaz but the oil comsumption is from another era....i dont care they run well ;)

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Your right there, is a difficult question. Was hoping there would be some cool website I haven't visited to point me in the right direction. While I understand we haven't got to run the patriot boost yet it's similar ,other than the smart boost, to turbos that have been around a long time. I'm hopeful that the r&d is doing a good job since they have caught an issue already, but thankful for the warranty, wish it was 4 years worth.
The reverse rotation and vertical application is somewhat unique.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Great info, thanks Murph! I forgot about that, haven't seen it on the parts fiche yet. I'm assuming it's electronic. Does the motor run the same oil pump as the 850 n/a?

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
An interesting test of aftermarket oils. It’s internal review so expect some bias but at least it’s “real world” testing.

Also, the terms of the amsoil warranty for new sled owners seem pretty legit… 8,000km or 2yr guarantee, amsoil will rebuild your engine if if fails and you have registered with their warranty.

Terms available here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Will be using the Polaris recommended oil as per the manual.......as long as it is under warranty so that takes the oil used out of the equation if there is a engine issue.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I seen a pic of the sticker on the oil tank. It said VES / VES extreme. So id say either is good?
I grabbed a 2.5gal jug of VES synthetic off the shelf and my dealer said nope, you need extreme. Conveniently (?) only available in 1gal containers.

Anecdotal or real, I'm going to listen to their recommendation.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Or listen to polaris who built the sled. There is a sticker from polaris, on the oil bottle ves or ves extreme.

Premium Features