• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Numbers - Are Cat's really that popular?

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
im not sure if anyone else has heard this but our beloved cat is now the #1 selling mountain sled. the last few years it has been ....

skidoo #1
polaris #2
cat #3

but as of 2010 model year

cat #1
skidoo #2
polaris #3

this is information straight from a cat rep and multiple dealers as well as one non cat dealer. seems everyone has figured out what we knew all along:beer;:):)

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
So, with the popularity Cats seem to have, are Cat's the Harely Davidosn of the snowmobile world?

I thought Skidoo was supposed to be #1 with Polaris a close second?

It seems that's not the case, at least in popularity!:beer;

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I also attribute some of that to not having another strong Cat forum, like the Doo boys have with Dootalk. At least I haven't found one. I know most of my Doo friends live on Dootalk and stop by here on occasion. I live here as I haven't found another good Cat powder site.

Arcticchat.com

Larger than snowest.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
I have been watching the total numbers of posts for each specific snowmobile brand for quite some time. I was a little surprised to see that Arctic Cat has continually had the highest number of posts since Snowest revised the forum.

Are Cat's really twice as popular as Yamahas?
I realize the numbers below fluctuate but, the Cat numbers continue to remain far above the rest. Actually, this is the closest I have ever seen Skidoo. So post away Cat boys!

So based on the below numbers, shouldn't Cat be the #1 snowmobile brand? :beer;

Arctic Cat 96,001
Polaris 89,639
Ski-Doo 64,050
Yamaha 47,017
Sub-Forums 10,183

Whats a Yamaha?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
frosbite, out in your area I have only ridden with 5 ski-doo's in two full winters and tons of cats and about 10 polaris. In eastern WA cats are the king.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
In last years poll..................

Cat showed more riders here on Snowest than anyother brand. More than twice as much as Yam. I thought Poo was second. Is there anyway of bringing up the poll?

Owen

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
funny, arcticchat has 40,000+ members & still free...

In the M forum though, there's about 3 people that know what the F they're talking about. No comparison to the wealth of useful information that is on here.

Premium Features