• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fit and Finish

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Yesterday I went to the sneak peak to look at the new sleds in person. In my opinion they look better in person then in pictures. It was fun to take a look at all the changes and talk sleds with people and feel the excitement. One issue I saw on all the G5 sleds was the exhaust side panel. It doesn't close worth a crap and I see a potential issues of branches or even snow ripping the panel open while riding. I pointed it out to Brett Rasmussen and he said he pointed the same issue out to the engineers. I really hope they get that taken care of before production moves forward. He showed me that there are different clips on the machines showing me the engineers are tying to come up with a solution. Other than that the sleds look AWSOME!!! Oh' and to get to your spare belt, it will take tools.

Thought I would share.................

C
Mar 15, 2018
I snow checked the "new" 600 powder special for 1998. The early Release models in the spring of '97 had really poor fit and finish but I was told that they would be better when they rolled out the following fall and they were. I suspect that when they build these this summer they will have better fit and finish than any that are out and about today.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Getting to the spare requires the L-shaped clutch tool, I believe.
Prolly just do without the belt storage box thing if it’s removable, and put the spare in the backpack.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I snow checked the "new" 600 powder special for 1998. The early Release models in the spring of '97 had really poor fit and finish but I was told that they would be better when they rolled out the following fall and they were. I suspect that when they build these this summer they will have better fit and finish than any that are out and about today.
I worked at a dealership in 1998 and bought a preproduction demo 99 XC500 SP. It was ROUGH. I did a lot of re-riveting and cleanup on it before I ever rode it.

Premium Features