• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ecu reflash called Hillclimb2

Dec 22, 2007
Due to frying my ecu last weekend....:(
Im looking at buying a 05 m7 3006-933 ecu that was reflashed with a program called Hillclimb2. I could not find any info on it
Does anyone know anything about this program, and can it be ran at sea leval.

Thanks 907KB

Last edited:
G
Jan 16, 2008
Mantua utah
I don't know all the specifics but I'll tell you what I can. The hillclimb programs are made for artic cats hillclimbers by a guy named al shipa or something like that. he takes artic cats fuel mapping and then completly changes the mapping mostly eliminating rich spots. Me and my dad have them flashed on our ecu's mine is a 08 m8 and it runs like a raped ape(love it) and my dads is a 08 m1000 on his it made it a lot crisper throttle response but he has other issues at the time so it is hard to tell exactly how much it helped if it was me on a 800 I would definetly want it I'm sure you'll love it

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I would say that this program is too lean for sea level. It is set up for 5-10000 ft with twin pipes if I remember correctly. If you have a fuel controller you will be fine, but on the lean side for sea level.

Dec 22, 2007
I would say that this program is too lean for sea level. It is set up for 5-10000 ft with twin pipes if I remember correctly. If you have a fuel controller you will be fine, but on the lean side for sea level.

I dont have a BDbox and am running d&d y pipe pipe and can with a milled head .060, Boysen reeds. Is it somthing I should not take a chance with? Its a great price for the ecu. Can it be flashed back to 06 specs?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Should be able to if you take it to your dealer and tell them to send it in and reflash it to whatever year's specs. When I did mine a few years ago I had to provide the VIN off my machine. Cost me nothing, but I have heard of other dealers charging up to 50.00 to have it reflashed.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
His name is Al Shimpa. He actually works for arctic cat in Theif River Falls, spends his winters out west. He is the head of the sponsered arctic cat hillclimb racers. If you know any of the racers, Ty Free, Todd Tupper, or the Zollingers it might help. He actually writes the programs for all the arctic cat sleds, he doesn't just do this as a hobby. I will tell you that he can make a stock sled run like a scalded dog...Like racinstation says below he wont touch a consumer sled.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just to save Al.....he is the Hillclimb Race Program Manager. He writes the ECU code for the Hillclimb team sleds ONLY. He wont touch a consumer sled, just not what he does. Dealers can not reprogram M7 ECUs. Or M6. They can only do M8 and M1000 ecus under Arctic Cats guide.

Arctic Cat will reprogram an ecu for you through your dealer, but they have to send it in.

L
Apr 14, 2008
dealer here in bend or. talked to cat said they offer nothing m-7s as far as the ecu flash...............just tryin to find an inexpensive fix so dont have to shill out any doe right now with economy..........

Premium Features