• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C 3 aim ecu compared to my old pr2 ecu

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Buddy and I purchased a aim Japan ecu from c3 and purchased there snow maps. We are running, or I have run the c3 ecu on a 22 husky 501 and buddy purchased his for the ktm 500. I have a 450 sx throttle body installed, slip on fmf, and a Air Force intake. My bike pops like crazy on decel and talked to c3 and they told me to run map 2 instead of 1. I have a air fuel,gauge installed and my afr was 15-16 as I was breaking in bike. Just learning the afr it would go blank with 3 —- dashes on the screen which now I understand is LEAN. Had my vortex ecu I kept off my 20 husky 501 and thought let’s see what it does. This is not a bash by any means but by just changing out the ecu, with low med and high set on 5…bike had 12.6-12.7 low, 127-12.9 mid and 13.2 wide open and no popping out the exhaust which usually signals a air leak. This was busting 3-4 feet of powder on roads. Then coming offthe hill as I got down to lake level my afr’s rose to,15-16 afr ,stopped and restarted bike and afrs were back at 12 13. after discussing this with Jeff at pr2 he informed me my ecu only adjusts for elevation(map). When bike restarts. If you have his get ecu it does it on the fly. Anyway how do I find out if I got the right maps for my 501??? And is the 500 501 c3 maps good or do they do the 450 more. I am going to call them to see what’s up,and why my maps are popping and so scary lean. Ordered these Ecu’s early so they didn’t get rushed and thank god I saved my old ecu because I wanted to see which one ran better. Please don’t turn this into a pissing match, just has anyone ran the c3 maps on the 500 without the lean backfire.

Premium Features