• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Husky FX450 best ECU / Exhaust Combo?

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Been running a 2015 Husky 501 with a Camso kit, Euro Map and Blais Racing program in my ECU. At the end of this past season I switched to a 2022 Aro 3 to finish off the season. Now it's time to switch up the bike.
I picked up a 2017 Husky FX450. The basics are being added: Thermostat, Bars, Engine Blanket, Pegs and skid plate. and the Forks will go to Brockstar. Now I need power.

What is the best Slip on Exhaust / ECU combo to pair with an Aro 3 on this bike?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
There is a lot of info on this forum about modding the ktm/husky 500 to get good power out of it and a lot of 450 vs 500 discussion. From what I’ve seen there is only a couple hp gain out of 450 full exhaust. There are a couple threads where guys were posting dynos of mods to the 450 and 500. Start with this one, message a couple of the guys doing the dynos for specifics.

Last edited:

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Exhaust does not do a ton unless you go a lot louder and change in conjunction with engine work and dyno… best bang for the buck is to dyno at the very least and program for the fuel you are using. You will be happier than an ecu that is for all the bikes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
We have found great results using the RP pipe and vortex combo. We build our maps for the ECU on the mountain specifically for the parts used and find there's nothing better. It's a true 5 to 10% horsepower gain depending on your RPM range. If you're wanting to do more work we've gotten over 20% gains by doing they head and building a custom on Hill map for it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
We have found great results using the RP pipe and vortex combo. We build our maps for the ECU on the mountain specifically for the parts used and find there's nothing better. It's a true 5 to 10% horsepower gain depending on your RPM range. If you're wanting to do more work we've gotten over 20% gains by doing they head and building a custom on Hill map for it.
Just wondering, when you say “dining the head”, is the porting and cams?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
RP is loud however it allows much higher RPM and great for snowbikes, As long as your up front. I run a high rev cam and airforce intake, C3 ecu, The combo is an animal and will tap rev limiter in 2nd and 3rd occasionally, RPM is what creates track speed and is more important than HP numbers when ewe have a gearbox.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Any good threads, articles or real life tests on travk speed vs traction?
With the 3" track it seemed like it didn't spin a whole lot faster than your ground Speed.
But Im just going by feel without a much time on the bike.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
@C3 PowerSports
Have we found any way to drop the db level without losing much power?
Seems like we might be quiter if we could just point the exhaust down instead of horizontal.
I welded on a 90 degree 2” diameter stainless elbow to my stock 2016 sxf450 silencer.

Noticeably quieter and took 3-500 rpm of top end power away. (Went flatline)

Cut elbow to 70 degrees and half came back. (Also the noise)

Cut elbow to 40 degrees and bike ran great again.

Zero noise reduction from stock when riding.

Minor noise reduction for others around.

I angled it slightly out to keep from heating up my fuel can.

23DA2B80-F06A-4150-A9D1-22EA614C198D.jpeg

Last edited:
C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
I welded on a 90 degree 2” diameter stainless elbow to my stock 2016 sxf450 silencer.

Noticeably quieter and took 3-500 rpm of top end power away. (Went flatline)

Cut elbow to 70 degrees and half came back. (Also the noise)

Cut elbow to 40 degrees and bike ran great again.

Zero noise reduction from stock when riding.

Minor noise reduction for others around.

I angled it slightly out to keep from heating up my fuel can.

Cool!
Good to know.
So many of the things I wonder if they would work, I post here and you've already tried.
What are you riding this winter?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Cool!
Good to know.
So many of the things I wonder if they would work, I post here and you've already tried.
What are you riding this winter?

2022 matryx boost khaos.
Same as last season.

Watching and hoping for new entries into the Snowbike game.

Last edited:

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
After my first dirt ride on this bike I was super dissapointed in the power, hence this post. After some research I discovered that Husky adds a restrictor cone into the muffler. This restrictor really affected performance. I ended up doing a Dr.D slip on and it made a big difference! I will be sending the ECU to Blais Racing next. Thinking this thing should run pretty darn good this winter!

Premium Features