• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PR2 Racing ECU

C
Apr 22, 2019
I would like to see the dyno with just a retune. Just telling what I saw out in the real world. I run the 490 now and am happy with that setup

The lower numbers on that graph are a stock 2020 500 with fmf silencer, 450sx intake, stock 42mm throttle body, and Vortex ECU with PR2 tune.

Both of those curves were before we got the programming cable and license to tune the ECU ourselves. We were able to get about another 1 hp and 1 ft/lb of torque above the stock PR2 tunes. Having said that...Jeff tunes for a wide variety of possible parts combo's, and we were tuning for a specific combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
View attachment 378277
This is a same day dyno graph showing PR2's bored throttle body and ECU re-program on a 2020 ktm 500.
I Run the RP full exhaust, It added some real good RPM on the top. I just spoke to them about their Throttle body and they said don't expect much gain if any on a stock motor .

C
Apr 22, 2019
I Run the RP full exhaust, It added some real good RPM on the top. I just spoke to them about their Throttle body and they said don't expect much gain if any on a stock motor .
I ran the RP Race muffler first on my 500, and then on it as a 550 and found it to produce about 2 hp better than the FMF as well. It especially carries the power out further than the FMF on my bike without loosing midrange torque. I have also tried the RP Race 47mm throttle body on both the 500 and 550. It It was too big and did not work at all on the 500...with the 550 it did produce 2 more hp on the top end...but lost 4 ft/lbs in the midrange. For both the 500, and now the 550 a PR2 bored to 44mm (43.7 actual) or a 44mm throttle body from a 450sx has been the best so far.

Does RP race make a head-pipe for the 450/500?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I ran the RP Race muffler first on my 500, and then on it as a 550 and found it to produce about 2 hp better than the FMF as well. It especially carries the power out further than the FMF on my bike without loosing midrange torque. I have also tried the RP Race 47mm throttle body on both the 500 and 550. It It was too big and did not work at all on the 500...with the 550 it did produce 2 more hp on the top end...but lost 4 ft/lbs in the midrange. For both the 500, and now the 550 a PR2 bored to 44mm (43.7 actual) or a 44mm throttle body from a 450sx has been the best so far.

Does RP race make a head-pipe for the 450/500?
Yes I have the full RP system with head pipe. It feels very strong in the mid and much higher RPM at full throttle. Dont have dyno numbers so the mid power is by feel only however the RPM gain on the top is seem on the tach . The full system is loud. But the gains and track speed is a real progressive improvement, The FMF struggles to pull high RPM,

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
To add to the ecu and exhaust , Many run well however at full throttle most hunt for RPM and struggle to hold it , The RP full system with C3 ecu reaches more RPM and holds it steady while bouncing up a climb,The rpm adds significant track speed.

C
Apr 22, 2019
To add to the ecu and exhaust , Many run well however at full throttle most hunt for RPM and struggle to hold it , The RP full system with C3 ecu reaches more RPM and holds it steady while bouncing up a climb,The rpm adds significant track speed.
I have heard recently that the full Yoshi system works really well also...but have not tried or tested one.

E
Mar 3, 2017
have tried a half dozen more times to reach Jeff with PR2 between email and calling, and nothing. Very fustrated! Total BS! There are other options on the market and if he wants to start losing customers he will if he has customer service like this.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
have tried a half dozen more times to reach Jeff with PR2 between email and calling, and nothing. Very fustrated! Total BS! There are other options on the market and if he wants to start losing customers he will if he has customer service like this.
I am starting to wonder but will keep you posted. I sent my TB and my vortex to him 6-8 weeks ago. He answered the phone, was super nice and talked to me for 20 minutes. Talked me into porting the TB. Said it would be 2-3 week turn around. Tried to call him this week and emailed him, no response yet. Fingers crossed right now.

C
Apr 22, 2019
Good news. Jeff is sending back Ecu and TB this week.
I think Jeff is a one man show right now due to labor shortages...covid...etc...etc. He is having a hard time keeping up with all the phone calls, machining, tuning, packaging...etc. etc. He is a really good guy...just overwhelmed right now as almost everyone in the service industry including the big name snow-bike brands.

Last edited:
E
Mar 3, 2017
I think Jeff is a one man show right now due to labor shortages...covid...etc...etc. He is having a hard time keeping up with all the phone calls, machining, tuning, packaging...etc. etc. He is a really good guy...just overwhelmed right now as almost everyone in the service industry including the big name snow-bike brands.
i have been calling and emailing for 10 months now. I have only had a couple email responses in early march and then nothing. Busy is one thing this is another. The only thing i can think is he is not willing to stand behind his product and is ignoring me. I just sent it back to get re-tuned so it doesnt kill my battery, not sure why the problem in helping me.

im an easy guy to deal with but my patience is wearing super thin. If anyone talks to him, can you please ask about my situation because i have no answers.

D
Feb 4, 2018
Anyone have a better way to get ahold of Jeff? I had his ECU on my '17 450 sxf. Bike ran great. Upgraded to a new '22 450 xcf base this fall. After talking to him sent his Vertex ECU back for remapping. Over two months later, season is underway, and no remapped ECU. I have tried calling and e-mailing multiple times without luck. Very frustrated. Appreciate any thoughts on how to get his attention. Thanks.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
dpjktm, fwiw, I talked to Jeff today. I had to send my new vortex for '22 500 ktm back to him as it would cut out and die after 3-4 minutes. he said vortex changed mapping in new vortex. He said he needs assistance from vortex because of new mapping and programing is not a snowbike map and needs to be adjusted in the vortex box. He advised that vortex in austrailia was off for two weeks over the holidays and left him without direction as many ecu's were coming back to him with mapping errors. He is waiting for a program and guidance from vortex to allow him to make fixes. He was hoping to hear from vortex today??

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
dpjktm, fwiw, I talked to Jeff today. I had to send my new vortex for '22 500 ktm back to him as it would cut out and die after 3-4 minutes. he said vortex changed mapping in new vortex. He said he needs assistance from vortex because of new mapping and programing is not a snowbike map and needs to be adjusted in the vortex box. He advised that vortex in austrailia was off for two weeks over the holidays and left him without direction as many ecu's were coming back to him with mapping errors. He is waiting for a program and guidance from vortex to allow him to make fixes. He was hoping to hear from vortex today??
This is why you should get the ECU from a snowbike shop such as C3. Jeff has likely spent little if any time on the snow and is a testament of working with a specific tested snow map.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
byeatts, yeah I considered c3. Jeff at pr2 has spent some time on the snow, he was is the snowies last year tuning but, no doubt less than c3. I talked with Kevin at c3 in late November early December and he had not yet tested and tuned a vortex for my bike with my mods. He advised it was on his radar. At that time, he could not promise a unit even if he had a tune for it as all the units he had were sold and what additional vortex he anticipated getting might not arrive till mid season. Pr2 had a unit and could supply it in December.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
View attachment 378277
This is a same day dyno graph showing PR2's bored throttle body and ECU re-program on a 2020 ktm 500.
The 500 has a small throttle body and surely has gains with larger throttle bore, The 450 suffers when changing it already has a larger TB. the larger TB bore slows the air flow velocity substantially and bigger is not always better.

Last edited:
Premium Features