• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond S Mesh Hood - Air Intake

P
Oct 13, 2013
Boulder, Co
After ghost riding into a tree last year I bought a diamond s mesh hood instead of buying all the parts I broke. I have loved it as it has totally changed the feel of the sled, front end feels way lighter and the best ventilation you can get.
My only complaint and problem I am searching for a solution to is the air intake being under the hood. I can't help but think the machine is sucking in warm engine air in addition to super fine belt dust. Anyone out there with one of these hoods come up with a good solution to this?

I've seen one guy cut a hole in the mesh and route a snorkle up and out but don't like the idea of having something like that sticking out, just waiting to be snapped off while rolling over or cut open while riding trees.

sledking120

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2011
South Dakota
I had one on my 18 and loved it but on cold days the hood would ice up and you would get a slight bog once in ahwile. It had to be the hood because it didn’t have it before the hood. I also ran into a guy on the hill that had one with a turbo and he was having the same problem so he was going to snorkel it.

Premium Features