• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cheer on Mike Schultz tomorrow!/X Games Adaptive Motocross

D

driftjumper

Nov 29, 2007
www.exconfreeride.com
For those of you that don't know or remember, Pro Snocross Racer Mike Schultz had his leg amputated after a racing accident at the Ironwood National last December. Read the full story

Mike has already competed in Motocross this summer at an event called the Extremity Games, pretty much X Games for athletes with disabilities. He was also invited to compete at the X Games this summer in adaptive motocross. Well, it's all going down tomorrow! From the looks of the telecast schedule the final is tomorrow night some time between 8 and 11 (eastern).

Be sure to tune in and cheer Mike on!

Check out the video of Mike riding moto this spring. He's a true hero to come so far in such a short time, it's inspirational to me how he absolutely refused to let losing his leg keep him from the sports he loves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21IyTpRIo3E

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Really cool. I would think that would be demoralizing (to loose a leg). There was a thread on here a while back about riders with amputations.

vendetta

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Langley B.C
wow that gives me hope to get throught this herniated disc in my back.

thanks for posting this. we hear so many bad things in the news its good to see something positive

R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
Thanks for sharing driftjumper , like I 've said before on this Forum it needs more positive stories like this to make us all realize how presies life is .It's a Blessing not a Privilage:D Cheers on you Mike for your strong attitude. Red Dog.

Last edited:
M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Silver for Schultz! Leg came off the pegs or he may have challenged for Gold! Great ride and great story on him before the race!
Great job Mike!

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I liked the story, I think its cool how he made his own leg so he could ride better. I have alot of respect for I guy that will not let a disability stop him from doing the things he wants to do. I repair,sell and do custom mods to wheelchairs for a living. Helping guys like him overcome obsticals to continue on with life is very rewarding. I hope he continues to ride and gets back on a sled this winter.

Premium Features