• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chain case life Gen 5

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Been quiet here. Have not seen any HYVO chain/sprocket failure so far

Im not saying there are no more issues, but so far could say that issue is fixed with proper chain & sprockets

I’ve had my 23 and 24 Doo apart no issues, no rub marks on either sled. I would say they have it under control. There will always be those guys that have their opinion on it regardless what BRP says or does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I doubt Doo is coming out with belt drive for the G5 Summits. That might show up in the G6, but not the G5.

B
Nov 29, 2007
Sicamous
Guess some guys did, and some didn’t, or some just don’t pay attention.
Lots of customers complained about that noise last year at my dealer.

Maybe some don't but we pay attention. Our sled you could say get mor maintenance than really needed and we have been keeping a close eye on this with all the internet chatter and all but haven't had any issues are needed to adjust chain tension more than normal.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Maybe some don't but we pay attention. Our sled you could say get mor maintenance than really needed and we have been keeping a close eye on this with all the internet chatter and all but haven't had any issues are needed to adjust chain tension more than normal.

Just saying, The driveline noise at a certain speed was the first thing my brother, and I noticed when we rode our sleds for the first time last year. Thought it was ice buildup, and the paddles rubbing but no ice in the tunnel, on both sleds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
10-4 will have a listen tomorrow on way up

Predicting you won’t hear anything if you haven’t already. Ride with 5 other G5’s not one of ours has driveline noise this is on 23’s and 24’s. It would be nice if Doo was more transparent on the issues it would really kill the chicken little syndrome chatter on the internet.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Predicting you won’t hear anything if you haven’t already. Ride with 5 other G5’s not one of ours has driveline noise this is on 23’s and 24’s. It would be nice if Doo was more transparent on the issues it would really kill the chicken little syndrome chatter on the internet.

This is a poor attitude, kinda laughable. If you rode a Polaris I would take a guess that the clutch bolt isn’t a issue because it didn’t happen to you, or the removal of the rail cap is not a problem because you didn’t have a problem.

Keep riding and don’t worry about it, doo released a fix, most identified the problem well before this thread was even started and corrected it before doo got involved…. Cheers

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
This is a poor attitude, kinda laughable. If you rode a Polaris I would take a guess that the clutch bolt isn’t a issue because it didn’t happen to you, or the removal of the rail cap is not a problem because you didn’t have a problem.

**Keep riding and don’t worry about it, doo released a fix,**most identified the problem well before this thread was even started and corrected it before doo got involved…. Cheers

Perhaps you should take your own advice and enjoy your sled. Instead of projecting your issues as everyone else’s. You had multiple people telling you they have had no issues but here you are still defending it to the death. You are constantly saying less snow this year guys aren’t riding that is why you hear of no failures blah blah blah. Than the next post you say doo release a fix. Which is it? That is what is laughable how inconsistent you have been.

I think you’re a great asset to the doo side of the forum and you have lots of knowledge on these sleds. But geez man pick a side

D

Driver

Dec 22, 2018
Here in Europe I have not seen or heard of any broken chain or sprockets on updated 23s or on 24s. I also follow lots of forums, 20 fb groups and individual riders around the globe. Not a single break down that I have seen posted anywhere.

That hyvo chain is damn strong. 500km and basically needed one slight adjustment and thats it. Its not stretching like old Rexnord which is like bubble gum in the first 1000km.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Perhaps you should take your own advice and enjoy your sled. Instead of projecting your issues as everyone else’s. You had multiple people telling you they have had no issues but here you are still defending it to the death. You are constantly saying less snow this year guys aren’t riding that is why you hear of no failures blah blah blah. Than the next post you say doo release a fix. Which is it? That is what is laughable how inconsistent you have been.

I think you’re a great asset to the doo side of the forum and you have lots of knowledge on these sleds. But geez man pick a side

Sigh, I am enjoying my sled, I fixed all the things on my 23 on my own without waiting for BRP to offer something. Rubbing coolant lines, wires, plastic rear suspension hangers, etc. It’s called preventive maintenance, well before these issues hit the forums.

The is no inconsistency on my end, the bandaid fix doo released, and other comments I have read are.

I look at the facts, and Facts are, Doo offered a bandaid fix with a solid bottom sprocket. Very hard to grenade that, when the lightweight sprocket on the solid shaft was not a problem before, whats the common denominator?
With the solid bottom sprocket I highly doubt there will be ANY reports on chain and sprocket failures regardless how many guys are putting less miles on due to snow conditions on a new driveshaft thats on its second season.

The point is, and always will be, some prefer to avoid a problem by dealing with it on their own before it becomes their problem. Others play the waiting game and hope nothing happens, nothing wrong with both thinking. Saying one thing without personally pulling the driveshaft out for inspection, or actually trying the TKI fix, I will call that out all day long.

Food for thought, How many guys just rode their 146 turbo this year and just blew belts before they opened up the chaincase to change the gearing and help the problem?

B
Nov 29, 2007
Sicamous
I understand you need to justify your expenditure on shaft but I don't believe the updated sprockets and chain is a bandaid. If one of our units starts to make grinding noises you decribed and investigation shows something with the two piece splines then I will be doing that conversion as well.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I understand you need to justify your expenditure on shaft but I don't believe the updated sprockets and chain is a bandaid. If one of our units starts to make grinding noises you decribed and investigation shows something with the two piece splines then I will be doing that conversion as well.
Here is my 2 piece drive shaft. The blow formed drive shaft completely sheared. There is what appears to be a tapered bushing (or knub) that is compressed or glued into the internal sleeve of the shaft, at the taper point down to the spliced connection of the 2 piece drive shaft that we were able to tap screw back together to limp it out.
Not pounding it, just a simple side hill, up onto a flat, go to give it a squirt up onto a drift and pow. Thought I blew the chain.... pulled the cover and everything was still intact. Started looking around the driveline and, there is was.... drive shaft. Was not Interested In a $2500 chopper ride, so back in the next day on a bush fix mission to get it back out.

24 Lynx turbo

Anyone seen this?

20240301_162211.jpg 20240302_120550.jpg IMG_20240302_143918.jpg Screenshot_20240302_070722_YouTube.jpg

Premium Features