• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker etec turbo

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Hopefully they get these etecs figured out.
Every one was praising the trasks as the end all be all turbo kit for ski doo's. ETEC being fuel injected and trask being the god of turbo kits because he can build a kit for a harley. lol...
How did those work out?
Hopefully the boondocker kit works great. I would have to ride one before I would buy one though. Every one says their kit is great. They make these claims before they have even got them runing correctly. I know boondocker supposubly has alot of time on them, but I would still have to ride it to blieve it.

Fred.
Have you tried runing doubled up stock reeds? is boysen not makeing turbo reeds for the etec? If they are have you tried them yet?
Did you ever get the trask turbo kit runing decent? What is trask going to do for fuel control this year? they started useing aerocharger (dobeck) control boxes last year because they could not get a fuel control box to work. Is aerocharger going to provide control boxes to trask this year too? Does the aerocharger control box work? Sounds like the boost it control box may be working on the turbo etecs. Going to try one?
Thank you for your honest feedback on the turbo etecs.

Last edited:
J

Jbest103

Feb 7, 2011
I ran the trask kit last year on my etec. There was serious fueling issues with the aerocharger control box. My sled is the one neil has been testing the boost it controller on and it sounds like it is working sweet. Been out of town working haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Ran the boyesen turbo reeds last season and they held up so only time will tell if they keep working. This year sounds like a good one for the turbo etec.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i have turbo boyseen reeds in one trask kit, i also have doubled the reeds in my areo kit, both seam to work good the little time we had them on since we replaced them, but not many hrs in total, they will need more time to give a fair test, i feel we lost some bottom end

no i have never seen the trask work good yet, its been a fueling nightmare, and ran so lean we took out the mag side piston

as for fueling, trask has no clue, and are using what ever they could find from others to do their fueling, maybe why it runs like it is, as for this year i have no clue on the fueling, and not much has been said bye the guys selling them

i have another trask complete kit sitting in the box, and will not go on till we see one of their kits running good, and me driving it....enought said

Hopefully they get these etecs figured out.
Every one was praising the trasks as the end all be all turbo kit for ski doo's. ETEC being fuel injected and trask being the god of turbo kits because he can build a kit for a harley. lol...
How did those work out?
Hopefully the boondocker kit works great. I would have to ride one before I would buy one though. Every one says their kit is great. They make these claims before they have even got them runing correctly. I know boondocker supposubly has alot of time on them, but I would still have to ride it to blieve it.

Fred.
Have you tried runing doubled up stock reeds? is boysen not makeing turbo reeds for the etec? If they are have you tried them yet?
Did you ever get the trask turbo kit runing decent? What is trask going to do for fuel control this year? they started useing aerocharger (dobeck) control boxes last year because they could not get a fuel control box to work. Is aerocharger going to provide control boxes to trask this year too? Does the aerocharger control box work? Sounds like the boost it control box may be working on the turbo etecs. Going to try one?
Thank you for your honest feedback on the turbo etecs.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
i have turbo boyseen reeds in one trask kit, i also have doubled the reeds in my areo kit, both seam to work good the little time we had them on since we replaced them, but not many hrs in total, they will need more time to give a fair test, i feel we lost some bottom end

no i have never seen the trask work good yet, its been a fueling nightmare, and ran so lean we took out the mag side piston

as for fueling, trask has no clue, and are using what ever they could find from others to do their fueling, maybe why it runs like it is, as for this year i have no clue on the fueling, and not much has been said bye the guys selling them

i have another trask complete kit sitting in the box, and will not go on till we see one of their kits running good, and me driving it....enought said

You should check with neil from boost it Fred. I have been following his etec turbo thread on snow and mud and he has been playing with a trask kit with his boost it system and apparently it is working pretty good. He claimed it worked better than his pro turbo. If you check out sled golf on youtube you will see some footage of his turbo pro and it is really impressive. So if the etech does indeed work better all I have to say is WOW!

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
I had the very first E-Tech Turbo 600 from boondocker and I know that they have got the best R&D around and cant wait for my 800. I also learned my fair share from owning a E tech turbo and can say that they will be amazing sleds.

Premium Features