• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Shark tune

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
About a month ago I saw that Jaws was offering a flash tuner for their pipe on ctecs. This will be my third year on the pipe and it runs really good. But it has always had a small hesitation at about 5500 rpm that drives me crazy. (Perfectionist) When I called jaws they said their tune will fix this, make it idle better and make the mid range pull harder. I took the bait.

Today I finally got the tune installed. It does idle better for sure. The biggest thing I noticed in the shop was how easy it starts. My hardcore is always a 2 pull if not 3 pull to start even when warm. Now when it is warm starts in a half of pull. Remind me of starting a warm triple now.

Stay tuned for more results. Should get some snow time next Saturday.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I can't wait to hear! I have the Jaws pipe with the BDX tune and originally i had the same 5,500 RPM pinging sound. They updated their tune and the sound is mostly gone and I need way more riding to say much more.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
First ride impressions.

Conditions were really good 2 plus feet of dry powder on a nice base. Off trail most of the day.

Overall impressed, had 2 wto stumbles but I think they were TSS related. Clean and crisp through the range. Pulls hard. I feel like I picked up 100-150 rpm. It feels like it needs more weight.

The surprising thing today was I had a really hard time keeping the skis down. I have spent three years getting this thing dialed in and today all of a sudden the skis were in the air on every climb. The flash is the only change.

It runs good enough that I would not trade up to a factory skidoo turbo that I rode with today. It really didn’t do anything more the the outdated cat did today.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
CB.8, that's great news! I added my tune at the same time as my high compression head, belt drive and pipe so I couldn't tell the difference each mod made individually. Now you have me curious how much difference there might be between the JAWS tune and the updated BDX tune? Also, I can't figure out how to message you through the forum but, I drive through Colfax on my way to ride much of the time and I thought that maybe we could ride together some time?

Last edited:
Premium Features