• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belts belts belts

reuben

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2007
I was hopping that someone could give me a reason why Polaris belts are 170 bucks and why they are so good. there are other belts like Dayco XTX5020 for about 99 bucks with 1 year warranty and how about Ultimax. I do what i need to to keep my belts good for as long as i can like cleaning clutches belts keeping the clutches straight and balanced. I do ride hard like 5-10 minute breaks and very few. My sled is a 09 dragon with a carls 860 and i ride west central Idaho where it is deep and it is almost all off trail I wish i did not have to buy 10 belts every year. Help!!

S
Oct 17, 2008
Are you saying you go through 10 belts a year? Just wondering how you prep your belt and clutches when you change out.....and when you're runnin hard, stop and ckeck the temp of your belt....if its hot, there's a problem. The $170 belts are more flexible and move more air, but don't solve drivebelt issues. We use a $30 narrow belt on a 1000 mod and have yet to have trouble with it.

Premium Features