• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are there aftermarket VES valves?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I was wondering if there is an aftermarket VES valve out there?? If so how could you tell the difference between stock and aftermarket? What would be the benefit? I ask because I was told today by someone they exist.. I searched and couldnt really come up with much.. I know there are different springs, but I am talking about the valve (guillotine) itself. if anyone knows on this please let me know. Thanks

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Ok as for after market i dont know of any . But polaris stock are cast there are stainless up grades from polaris also and there is a titanium version for the race teams but good luck finding them . Thath what what i have found out .

B

brent9k

Dec 17, 2007
BOZEMAN, MT
www.attackmotorsports.com
slp ported valves

I have a set of valves out of an SLP race ported 800, i was told that the valves are cut to let the ex port open more.

Im trying to sell them with a set of SLP ported cylinders if your intrested.
( cylinders need re-nicked) $200+ shipping

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I have a set of valves out of an SLP race ported 800, i was told that the valves are cut to let the ex port open more.

Im trying to sell them with a set of SLP ported cylinders if your intrested.
( cylinders need re-nicked) $200+ shipping

Thanks for the offer... I am not looking to buy any.. I am just trying to see if there is such a thing, what the differences are between stock and them and what the benfit of them would be..

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Since I posted this I have seen a few threads about these valves being made of steel, titanium and aluminum. What do sleds normally come with stock?? What would be the advantage of the titanium or aluminum over the steel or aluminum over titanium and vise versa? Can anyone help me on this?

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
The stock one are cast alum. The upgrade is stainless steel but is heaver . The tit. Is the best dosent melt like the alum. And is lighter than steel but as said before good luck finding them if you want it to be reliable get stainless or titi.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
So the only benefit of having titanium or stainless over the stock aluminum is the durability?

What would be the advantage of titanium over stainless?? Lighter so it has a faster response?

Since the titanium and aluminum is not magnetic is there a way to tell the difference in the 2? How would you REALLY know if you had the titanium and not the aluminum ones??

Thanks for the responses so far.. I am just trying to learn a little about these..:D

R
Feb 11, 2008
Yes the Ti ones would be "faster" as well as a higher melting point. The AL ones, in the 02 big blocks had a bad problem (mine 3 times) of getting to hot and bending and getting stuck in the port. Top end power is NILL with even one bent. and if you are really unlucky the bellow rips because it is still getting exhaust gas pushed into it. The SS ones have a higher melting point, but yes are a bit heavier, so you need lighter springs so they open the same. I have not heard of any lagged throttle response due to the higher weight, i am guessin you would need a Dyno to see any if at all.

I do need the part numbers for the SS and what they include, if the springs come with them, or if i need new to get new ones seprate. and is there any difference in the belows from 02-03? thanks!

Last edited:
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
So the titanium and steel are better than aluminum because they have a higher melting point.. Titanium are better than steel because its lighter.. other than that, as long as they arent aluminum it will be a better setup right??

R
Feb 11, 2008
that is the idea, the 02 cylinders water passages either dont go around the port, or dont cool well enough, i am not sure on the exact details but i know it is the cause. thus the build up of heat and bent valves. any one have the parts info that i posted before?

Premium Features