• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone snowcheck a Rush?

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Well, thought about it. Being an off-road dirt biker, I could get a bit of fun out of it. But, no place to carry spare gas, no place to carry all the needed gear, can't tow anything, etc. The RUSH is a machine with a too narrow of a user window for me anyway. We will see what the future holds.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
121" only trail sled, nope. And like said above, no place to carry anything. Suspension might work great, body styling is nice, but can't do much else to it without tearing it apart and starting over with a full tunnel and that costs money.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Since its only a 120 length, i think its a little short on track for most on this site!!!!

It's funny because I have often assumed the same thing. But when you look at overall snowmobile sales, the mountain segment is only like 30% of total snowmobile sales. I could be off on that number, but there are a lot more sales in the flat land areas. I'm sure the Rush would be a blast in those areas.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
It's funny because I have often assumed the same thing. But when you look at overall snowmobile sales, the mountain segment is only like 30% of total snowmobile sales. I could be off on that number, but there are a lot more sales in the flat land areas. I'm sure the Rush would be a blast in those areas.
Bingo.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN

Your right, but snowest is really geared towards the mountains guys. I don't really think there is much of a 121 crowd that follows this site. I could be way off, but thats what it seems like to me.

This thread would recieve way more hits on say hcs or other forums like that.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
There are a lot of people who follow on this site with short tracks, besides a few parts here and there the 121" dragon is not much different than the 155" (ya someone I'm sure will go smartazz on me and list all these parts haha).

If one sled is having mechanical problems, for the most part you can find one with similar specs on here having the same problem and is a good place to check out.

Haha, just thought of a good example, even though it is an RMK :D the 550 fan burndown thread is a big thread, lots of knowledge from a lot of people both short and longtracks in there, and I KNOW someone with a short track has helped a long tracker somewhere....

Agreed tho the percentage is still smaller, buit snowest has a lot better info overall compared to hcs, .02

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
There are a lot of people who follow on this site with short tracks, besides a few parts here and there the 121" dragon is not much different than the 155" (ya someone I'm sure will go smartazz on me and list all these parts haha).

If one sled is having mechanical problems, for the most part you can find one with similar specs on here having the same problem and is a good place to check out.

Haha, just thought of a good example, even though it is an RMK :D the 550 fan burndown thread is a big thread, lots of knowledge from a lot of people both short and longtracks in there, and I KNOW someone with a short track has helped a long tracker somewhere....

Agreed tho the percentage is still smaller, buit snowest has a lot better info overall compared to hcs, .02

I'll agree with that, lots on knowledgable guys that ride short tracks, and snowest definitely has way better info than hcs.

I simply meant that there is alot more long trackers than short on here. Hence the mountain/powder forum but there is no "tight twisty northwoods trails" forum.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I too am really curious on the RUSH sales/snowchecks. At $10,299 retail it is quite a bit higher priced than the rest of the segment... that seems like a hard sell to me.

sled_guy

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
I too am really curious on the RUSH sales/snowchecks. At $10,299 retail it is quite a bit higher priced than the rest of the segment... that seems like a hard sell to me.

sled_guy

I agree Isn't it only a 600 too? I really havent looked into them but thats a heafty price for a 600

Like that 600rr was a year ago hum wonder why polaris had a hard time selling them over 10g's for a 600 is insane sorry

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
For some reason I think it prudent to wait and see if a first year snowcheck is worth a ****e. Maybe gone sooner than you think. Then where would that leave you?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

sled_guy

Yeah, especially in this economy slump.

However, when the 2007 D7 came out, the MSRP was $9999. I called around to every dealer in Colorado and only Xtreme and one other too far away came in under MSRP. I bought the sled, not because it was cheaper, but because I thought Xtreme was the right dealer for me (still is). But my point is that it was a 700 in a mostly 800 segment and I paid as much as an 800 (or more). My 2009 D8 was cheaper! I think Polaris was able to sell it because it was the new thing in their lineup. They are probably hoping for the same with the Rush.

Premium Features