• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

All those up-set 800 Polaris riders, what would it take??????????????

L

Lovesnow

Nov 26, 2007
North Dakota
I am one of the guys that ( Had ) an 800 cfi, with all the problems. I finally traded it off, for a big loss, just so I could continue to ride for the rest of the year, and enjoy the sport I love. I still like Polaris sleds, but can't get over the bad experiances I had with my 800, not to mention the lost time, expenses, ruined trips, pain and suffering. I was just thinking, what would Polaris have to offer everyone like me, before I, or we, would buy another new Polaris sled? I know that I am not alone here. Maybe I am just dreaming Polaris would make it right with us. Just a question, what would it take for the rest of you, that had all the problems, to come back????????

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
What Polaris did:

Build the Pro RMK.

Make it reliable.

Was it enough?: :noidea:

I had never owned a two stroke. Scared by D800 stories. Did research. Bit the bullet and snowchecked two 2011 Pro's.

2,000+ miles on one, 800+ miles on the other.

Best decision I've ever made snowmobiling.

S
Oct 17, 2008
Not a fan of cat snowmobiles but if they produced an 800 motor and a mounting kit to fit a polaris chassis....sell it as an accessory item, and if polaris is really listening to their (former) customers, then offer the pro rmk without an engine as a snowcheck incentive, for $6000, order an engine from cat for another $6000 and for $12000, you have a 162hp pro polarcat. Did somebody say "merger"???Maybe a 4sroke kit from KTM for the Pro??

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
So you were fortunate to avoid the D800, 900, Big Block 800 issues...

How anyone with knowledge of those things would plop down $12,000 on a new Polaris... but a LOT of people did.

Unfortunately... it was mid 2009 before we started to see the number of '08 800s failing start to increase above 'expected' numbers.

Polaris makes it another season with the 11 800 motor and that will go a long way to proving they have the issues behind them.

I'm still skeptical.

sled_guy

What Polaris did:

Build the Pro RMK.

Make it reliable.

Was it enough?: :noidea:

I had never owned a two stroke. Scared by D800 stories. Did research. Bit the bullet and snowchecked two 2011 Pro's.

2,000+ miles on one, 800+ miles on the other.

Best decision I've ever made snowmobiling.

Premium Features