• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700 vs 750, why did polaris drop it?

I
Nov 27, 2007
Norway
I’m not saying the new 700’s are junk because they aren’t. But the 600 is just felt to me almost as fast and I thought it was a lot more fun to ride than the new 700’s and i was wondering if anyone felt the same?

For some strange reason, Polaris 600's have always seemed to be much better setup out of the box than their bigger brothers. (of course with the exception of the 600 triple-triple :D)
I hear the same over at Hardcoresledder, the 600CFI runs just as good as the 700, and ppl have to gear&clutch the 700 to get it to perform like it should out of the box.

B
Nov 21, 2005
9 Mile Falls, WA
I think the key to any sled's performance is keeping it away from idiots.
If your sled always has problems its one of three things: 1. its your fault, 2. you're too picky, 3. your sled really did come screwed up.
But in my experience it's 1 or 2.

I've ridden a 07 600 and a 755, if you don't like torque then the 600 is a much better sled.

HA!!!! Truer words have never been spoken!!!

D

DJKINNEY

Dec 15, 2009
Lander, WY
When I bought my 755 I read all the crap about it and was really depressed. I however did go through and do a lot of modding; gears, track, boards, can, air box, lost the radiator, and the decals. The modding helps but I learned to ride the SOB and that is the biggest part of it all. I think changes to the chassis in the newer sled are moving forward and I think the 700's and now the 800's are good sleds but I feel the 755/900 could have had potential and I like the low torque the carry and would have like to see Polaris perfect it. I guess I will just have to ride my old 755 a few more years untill I can afford to put a turbo on a nytro and I'll have the low end torque I drool about when Im wish my sled was just a little more.

T

thebirdman

Dec 18, 2007
I felt the same way when I bought my 755! I was feeling depressed after reading about the 900/755's but, after some fairly simple mods it has been the best sled I have ever owned! For the price I got it for I cannot complain one bit! I came off of a 08 m1000 and I don't feel under powered at all. It also is more comfy than my m1000 was. I would deff buy another one.

Premium Features