• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 m8 low end bog

B
Feb 12, 2010
If your sled is capable of moving at that low rpm, I would think something is wrong.... Almost like your primary spring is broken. Once you engage, at say, 4000 rpm, your sled shouldn't go much below 3500 when your putting around as far as I know.

B

blownuaway

Oct 14, 2009
kenai alaska
It's when Im going slow and I let off the throttle then when I get back on the throttle it bogs down. It will almost die and then the motor will run fine. The hard to figure part is it's hit and miss when it does it.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
You can find lightly used ones around if you look.

I would guess you have a clutch problem if it is that erratic. When I bought my 2010 with 400 miles the primary spring was broken. I couldn't tell until I took the clutch apart to change weights and the spring came out in two pieces.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
The 800 needs back pressure. Most exhaust companies are using the 1000 can labeled for 800 HO. Some companies flow tested and figured out that they need a little restriction. When mine was mostly stock. I ran a cutler can. Never, ever had a bog from 1000 ft to 11,000ft. They used there 1000 can and found that the had to put a back pressure plate in it. Check them out at www.cpcracing.com

N
Dec 8, 2013
I just bought a 2011 M8 LTD out of the crate on oct. 2013 brand new. So I tried doing some good research on cans because my MBRP on my M7 sucked or so i thought. Now i put a BMP powderlite on this one and when going up a hill i can it and sometimes it just bogs on the lower end. Now some say its the can(i hope not cause i love it when it runs good) some say its how i ride on and off(loading it up) but idk how it could be when all the polaris and ski-doo guys do ride the same. Some tell me it needs a reflash. And the dread factor its th fuel because our 91 isnt really true 91. But i had some race gas out of my dirt mod in it and it seemed to help a little where when i can it it flutter or bogs get off and get right back on it does great. I need some answers before i go to cooke this christmas. i dont wanna buy a controller and i dont really want the stock can. Also sometimes when start the sled its followed with a wicked backfire!!!Please Help

I
So this year I finally got a 2011 m8. The dealer cut me a deal on a skins ultra q can and installed it. I am loving the sound and weight savings of the can.... What I don't like and want to fix is the occasional low end bog that is driving me nuts. The sled sees almost all of it's riding from 0-1500 feet. I don't want to go mod crazy yet as this sled is more capable than I am at the moment. So has anyone found a fix for the aftermarket can bog or is it back to the boat anchor suitcase?

Could be an exaust leak because the 800 H.O. motors need a certain amount of backpressure. Maybe a different can

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
a backfire after a restart is unburnt fuel in the pipe. So your rich.
you can check fuel pressure.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
My 10' 800 gets a real bad bog also. Not the can, not the clutching, not the oil load up, not the tps, not the reeds and not the tss. I just can't get it out of it. All these guys get on an exhaust kick and never think of anything else. Factory exhaust is almost worse than after market on mine! I usually can make most anything run, but this one has been beating me up. If I ever figure it out I will post on it because there are quite a few with the same problem.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I just bought a 2011 M8 LTD out of the crate on oct. 2013 brand new. So I tried doing some good research on cans because my MBRP on my M7 sucked or so i thought. Now i put a BMP powderlite on this one and when going up a hill i can it and sometimes it just bogs on the lower end. Now some say its the can(i hope not cause i love it when it runs good) some say its how i ride on and off(loading it up) but idk how it could be when all the polaris and ski-doo guys do ride the same. Some tell me it needs a reflash. And the dread factor its th fuel because our 91 isnt really true 91. But i had some race gas out of my dirt mod in it and it seemed to help a little where when i can it it flutter or bogs get off and get right back on it does great. I need some answers before i go to cooke this christmas. i dont wanna buy a controller and i dont really want the stock can. Also sometimes when start the sled its followed with a wicked backfire!!!Please Help

You dont need 91 unless you ride at low elevation, 91 rating is for sea level only

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
So their are several possibilities

1. Above normal Fuel pressure. Check fuel pressure and see what it is. 40 is normal you can also fix this with fuel control box. Power Comander with timing is a very cool box.
2. To rich of oil this is why pre mix is so nice
3. Belt deflection add more see if it helps.
4.to low of engagement. Put a higher engagement spring
5. Throttle safety switch cable loose
and their could be more but I doubt it is any of them.

Cans interesting . They do not add HP? That is what everyone says right.

Their is a dyno sheet coming out to prove this is wrong. On a dyno they have proven cans can add HP and can hurt performance. We test every can we sell by seat of pants comparison meaning on the hill side by side comparisons. Now I have been one that would never tell you a can would give you HP but I have always believed they can rob you of it. I hope to post results soon.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
My 10' 800 gets a real bad bog also. Not the can, not the clutching, not the oil load up, not the tps, not the reeds and not the tss. I just can't get it out of it. All these guys get on an exhaust kick and never think of anything else. Factory exhaust is almost worse than after market on mine! I usually can make most anything run, but this one has been beating me up. If I ever figure it out I will post on it because there are quite a few with the same problem.
I would try spraying a little graphite dry lube on the secondary hub. See if that helps, if it does your hub & bushing are finished.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
No, bdx just rebuilt it. It will sometimes die, 1000ft. to 10,000 ft, makes no difference. I had a friend with a M7 that we could not get the bog out of until we put a RKT head on it.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
No, bdx just rebuilt it. It will sometimes die, 1000ft. to 10,000 ft, makes no difference. I had a friend with a M7 that we could not get the bog out of until we put a RKT head on it.
Try the lube, sometimes the bushing is a little tight and can act just like a worn out one. Buddies10 cf8 sp has been acting the same. He has 3000 miles, new reeds, oil pump turned down, found I bad apv cable last spring, d&d barker, X-1 kit. When it was bogging he found chipped reeds and the cable. He is waiting for cable now so when he gets it i'll post results. Does your sled die when you let off or just when idling.

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
bog

That bog is a very common issue on all 800 H.O even Proclimb, seems like be the fuel map. Some bog more and some bog less. Seems to work better with octane booster.

Premium Features