• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 skid too much transfer on boost

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Anyone found a solution to keep the front down on high boost. Running an 09TM1000 at 11-14lbs with the 162 powerclaw. I have the limiters all the way in, the rear in the low hole and am running 125 in the rear with the front on soft. It wheelies way too much to be able to climb really steep stuff even after the above changes. I did a search and saw what is posted but I didn't see anything from guys running boost or higher boost. Thanks

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
EZ-Ryde suspension? I find the same issue with both of my m's with no boost. I weigh in at about 230 and really have to lean over the front end to keep em both down. I couldnt imagine boosting a wheelie..........................

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I don't have too much problem but I have extended my rails out and put a 174" track on it. 135# in back shock with front loose and limiters in middle hole. Ski's come up about a foot and level off. 12 lbs boost on m8.

Maybe slide your skid back an inch or however far you can while still maintaining front suspension bolt in reinforced metal area. Just a thought.

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
I moved the front arm back 3/4" on the rail. Seems to keep the front end down more.. I may go more, testing it again this weekend.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I would try more preload rear and front. The next option is geometry alterations.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Anyone found a solution to keep the front down on high boost. Running an 09TM1000 at 11-14lbs with the 162 powerclaw. I have the limiters all the way in, the rear in the low hole and am running 125 in the rear with the front on soft. It wheelies way too much to be able to climb really steep stuff even after the above changes. I did a search and saw what is posted but I didn't see anything from guys running boost or higher boost. Thanks

So now sled is in swap meet for sale, that wasn't the fix I was expecting:D

What you building now??:beer;

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
dont want to sell it. just need to sell one. prefer to sell the t apex but there are many for sale. wanted to keep this and the nytro but one needs to go. no need to see one sit all season.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
My dealer runs 150psi in rear shock. I have enough of a problem with a y-pipe and can. It wasn't as bad in cooke but around here (western ID) I'm trying to climb over the bars to get it down. pretty fun on a wide open hill, just not in the trees. good luck

Premium Features