• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 Issues and miles

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
09 M8 standard bone stock. 500 or so miles. Fuel gauge broke within the first hundo, don't think they are all that accurate anyway. Absolutely no other problems, love the thing. Oh, I too got that fraying along the track, a lil' heat from the torch takes care of that! :D

M
Oct 13, 2008
08 M8 Snopro

Great sled, 700 miles on it. I know 08 isn't the year that your looking for, but lets face it, theres not much of a difference, other then the lightweight rails, adjustable riser kit and BNG (bold new graphics). Haven't experienced much problems, but noticed that when you get home from riding and leave your sled outside, runs like cuhrap the next day. We found out that snow gets caught in the air plenum ( I think thats what its called, quote me if im wrong), starts to melt, and goes straight down into the air vacuum. Once it is in the vacuum, it goes to the engine, and therefore the sled runs like crap. A few rides it starts great in the parking lot, we go 2 miles up the road and its dies out. Then we can't get it started.
Has anyone been experiencing the same kind of issues as me? We have an 07 m8, 08 m8 SP, and an 08 M1000 SP, all experiencing the same problems. We have kind of got it out, but any help would be nice.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Lost a set of injectors, melted a oil bottle............

I think I have about 300 miles on it now.

I think these motors take alot longer the 100 miles to break in, the sled is really starting to pull now.

Moral of the story for any M sled..................vents vents vents and well vents !

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Snowmaker
Have the bubbles also am afraid it will flake off after time am going to call boss and see what they say[/QUOTE]

I have seen at least four other seats that have bubbled up. Anyone else have this problem? Should be something Boss\Cat has to do about it. Cant be good on down the road. Let us know if ya get ahold of boss and what they say.

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
At 12 miles the ECU fried. The dealer pulled one off another M8 that he had and away I went with no issues. Other than that what a machine. I havent ridden in 5 years and bought an M8 153 standard because I cant stand the white. I am installing the adjustable steering post as well as on the list for the 2010 seat from Cat, venting, and SLP pipe. I cant wait to see what it like then. You just have to think about which way you want to go and this sled goes there.

L
Dec 8, 2007
fernie
HCR 900 miles
SLP y pipe, pipe, can, AMP riser, AMP gauge lift, muff pot, goggle warmer
broken steering post at the weld-no warrenty
snaps of boss seat gone
velcro sticks great for a while ... now I have to use a tie down to keep the seat on
sliced my thumb open on the rail 8 stitches
muff pot broke off the can at the weld
zippers on the boss seat abolutely SUCK
nuts in the engine compartment for the steering post are always loose because the plastic bushing on the post compresses
google warmers great but the stitching at the zipper is starting to go

love the sled!

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
HCR 900 miles
snaps of boss seat gone
velcro sticks great for a while ... now I have to use a tie down to keep the seat on
nuts in the engine compartment for the steering post are always loose because the plastic bushing on the post compresses

love the sled!

So...........your saying everything has been going good :(

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Well it seems to be a lot of people are mostly having problems with the boss seats more that anything else. Some are having under hood melting probs. Gotta keep the vents clear and vent the heck out of it. All in all everyone loves there 09 M8. I'd buy another one in a heart beat if I only had the fun tickets. Love the sled.:):):beer;:beer;

northof40

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
HCR 900 miles
snaps of boss seat gone

love the sled!

I sliced the side of my finger on the rail to! they are damn sharp!

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
very nice

I put 200 miles on the hcr this weekend at Arctic Man, and it impressed me more than ever. I had her pinned to the bars over and over again on long pulls with bottomless powder. She never missed a beat, and just kept puling harder. I hit some huge jumps, even though me and the sled went different directions, but it was great. 430 miles. clutch recall, some steering parts busted, seat is crap. Can't wait to add some ponies over the summer. Tim

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
here's a new one. my bro's M8 snapped the crank right behind the clutch. you can tell by the brake it must have been a flaw in the iron, rusty crack then a fresh break half way through. warranty no problem, they are even replacing the clutch and left side belly pan which received some damage.

F
Nov 30, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Crossfire 800. These motors keep gaining HP up to about 450 miles. You guys will be impressed. I have about 3,000 miles on this sled so far and it has held up better than any sled I have owned. Picked up the sled late in the season and rode the crap out of the thing. I lost a guage early and kept blowing belts. Guessing the belt issue is heat related. I talked to Cat briefly about the issue and they said the 073 belt is meant to take even more heat. Spendy belt, but I'm adding vents and trying the belt.

Miles of smiles. The 09 pulls so much better than the 08. I almost find it hard to believe the 2010s could be that much stronger.:)

Premium Features