• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Polaris 700 Dragon EFI problem

B
Feb 23, 2015
Hunts at an idle and hunts worse at mid range (4500-5000 rpm). Mostly clears up after that. If your trying to maintain a speed it will hunt as well. Anyone know how to fix it.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I took the throttle bodies off and did mine on the bench using a 5 volt DC supply and a voltmeter right on the TPS contacts. I built the tester that is described on this site. It worked fine but I had problems with finding a really accurate regulator so eventually bought a tester made by Tonka1020 on here. He sells them on Ebay too. It has the connector to plug right into the TPS so no more fooling around with alligator clips. Super simple. Some people power up the ECU with 12 volts to get the 5 volts for the TPS and set it up that way by backprobing wires. Either way works but if you pull it out you can clean up the throttle bores really well. You would be surprised at the amount of buildup you can get in them.

Premium Features