• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Better Boards: Black or Plain??

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Here's the black on my M7.

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

M7%20-%20Sept%208.jpg

I would do the black ones, everyone says you get a lot less buildup with the coating.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Better Boards

Finally got mine on order from F-Bomb in Black powder coat for my 05 900 and my wifes 06 700..CANT WAIT..

Rob, thanks so much for your GREAT customer service and tremendous Help..you are diffenately TOP NOTCH in my book..

will post pics when i get them installed..

Thanks again ROB..

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Ron,
I installed my new black BB's this weekend on the 08 Drag.8. When I had one side finished I put some serious pressure on the new and orig. side...no doubt they do strenghten the running board areas.

The cuts were easy on the front with elec jigsaw and the back is mostly holes so my Dremel with a "heavy duty" metal cutoff wheel went thru that about as fast as the elec jigsaw did on the front. Cleaned it all up with a handheld grinder and only hit my knuckle once (no damage) The only hard part was the steel rivets by hand...sore as heck today..great product and awesome fast shipping..thanks!

Last edited:

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Picked up my black Better Boards and a 2cool dash vent from Rob at the Denver Snowshow this past Saturday.They look even better in person than in a photo.I'll be putting them on my sled this week,hopefully no scuffed knuckles for me:face-icon-small-win.
He was a great guy to deal with,even putting my BB's and dash vent aside while I checked out the rest of the show.
I give him a 2 thumbs up rating for quality of product and customer service.
Pete

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Better Boards..BLACK!!!!!

I just got my Better boards in the mail today..SICK..the black is nice as well..the quaulity is very nice too, pics dont give justice..:D

i will be installing them within the week on my 05 900 and my wifes 06 700..

Thanks Rob...will be giving you a call shortly to break even :face-icon-small-win

Thats for everything..

F-BOMB RULZ!!

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I just got my Better boards in the mail today..SICK..the black is nice as well..the quaulity is very nice too, pics dont give justice..:D

i will be installing them within the week on my 05 900 and my wifes 06 700..

Thanks Rob...will be giving you a call shortly to break even :face-icon-small-win

Thats for everything..

F-BOMB RULZ!!

Still waiting for mine....hopefully be here soon. Mine are natural color...do they powdercoat those clear?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i ordered the powder coated ones cause the snow wont stick to it an di love the black, haha..but its logical..i wasnt gooing to get them coated cause i ddint hav ethe money for both sleds to get both coated but bit the bullet..

i have powder coated a few things before and i KNOW they do make a clear for powder..you can give that a shot, call rob and ask him, or take it to a local coater where you live..it will save alot of snow build up or "icing"..

good luck..let me know what you find out.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
i ordered the powder coated ones cause the snow wont stick to it an di love the black, haha..but its logical..i wasnt gooing to get them coated cause i ddint hav ethe money for both sleds to get both coated but bit the bullet..

i have powder coated a few things before and i KNOW they do make a clear for powder..you can give that a shot, call rob and ask him, or take it to a local coater where you live..it will save alot of snow build up or "icing"..

good luck..let me know what you find out.

Mine have been ordered for two or three weeks now..I am sure they will be here in the next day or so.....I am right here in Great Falls with you buddy:D:D

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
As a note to all of you potential buyers out there....

F-Bombs products are great,his customer support is top notch and the time that he takes to help people on this forum is an asset to the sledding community in general !

Keep the good products flowing!!

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
YEA gang, I thank you all for your business and kind words! We are very very proud of this product especially this application. Repeatadly we hear from guys riding these boards that it's the best thing they've done to their sleds. When you hear that 50 or 60 times a weekend you must be doing it right!

Just rolled in late last night from the Denver show. Thanks to all the great folks in Co and surrounding areas. You guys have a fired up bunch of sledders and that was a great snow show! Wish we could come down and ride sometime. Unfortunately that is a LONG LONG LONG WAYS!

Better Boards:

They are rolling out as fast as we can physically process the orders. All of the retail orders are filled unless we had a shipping address failure through paypal (CHECK YOUR EMAILS...AS WE STILL ARE MISSING A FEW IN THE SYSTEM...AND CAN'T SHIP THOSE).

wyogeorge

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
I little off the subject about color but, do the better boards go far enough into the tunnel to take care of the snow in the (foot wells) or toe holds? If not what can you do about that?

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Thanks for the orders..gang! We still haven't caught up and stocked our traditional in house ready to go units but we should be getting pretty close. Almost all of the internet orders have shipped unless we didn't get your address from the website. We've sent out multiple emails to those customers and are awaiting the response to process those orders. Everything else is or has rolled on out!

3 more big western snow shows to go as well!

We did update the IQ RAW RMK 155-163 model (as well as the Assault) that opened up the front section in the foot well even more. We also extended the front for a perfect fit in the existing footwell of all of those Polaris offerings. That and we added another cleat and evacuation hole in front of the rear most bracket and that should work BETTER as well. I think they are an even BETTER improvement over the ABSOLUTELY LOVED 08 models!

wyogeorge

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Is there any way you could send me pics of the new boards? About how long would it take to get a set?

Thanks

Premium Features